Warwick project... I had no clue it was this big!!!

by sosoconfused 67 Replies latest jw friends

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

http://www.townofwarwick.org/wt_con/_Appendix%20J.pdf

Of course I was aware that the new Headquarters would be there but according to the above plans it is IMMENSE!

253 ACRES??? I mean dammit how much of the widows might can they use for these types of projects before they feel guilty. Most JW's llive at or just above poverty-level in urban areas. THeay are scratching day to day in order to survive and these so-called "volunteers" and "slaves" are living in freaking LUXURY.

When this place is built they better allow anyone who is a JW to plan a vacation per year there for free.

Look at the pictures, its in a pristine and beautiful area.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Oh yeah... swimming pools, tennis courts, basket ball courts, sand volleyball courts... It's Club Med on Steroids...

• haboob48
    haboob48

Yet the end is coming faster now than ever! I think it is just a modern day Beth Sarim and Beth Shan for them.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Any Idea how much all that land cost?

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

My father made 725 bucks a week my mom like 550 until they retired. As far back as I can remember they donated weekly a 20 dollar bill or about 80 bucks a month.

We went on one vacation in our life which was really us spending 3 days at a district assembly and 2 driving back home and stopping at South of the Border for 5 hours. Now they are retired and still have no money to go on vacation. Yet these lazy slobs are spending millions to build a top of the line bachelor pad with saunas / pools / bball courts etc...

WTF MAN

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It's really no different than a multimillionaire televangelist asking for his parishioner's meager social security check so he can purchase another home or add another Rolls Royce to his collection.

JW.Org never lists the sales price for the Brooklyn properties. It might raise too much concern if the average JW knew how much money the WT is making off of these investments while simultaneously begging for more money for "Kingdom advancement".

I have yet to read any Bible account describing Jesus or his apostles enjoying pool time or playing beach volleyball in 'God's service'.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I have yet to read any Bible account describing Jesus or his apostles enjoying pool time or playing beach volleyball in 'God's service'.____ADCMS

Why do they need recreational facilities ? Whatever happened to " Buy out the opportuned time "

to do more in the preachin' work ?

Oh. I forgot. That only go for the Witnesses that work part time at Wal-mart.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I could picture Jesus living there. . . . in the woods or on a fisherman's boat on the lake!

These guys got balls.

• andys
    andys

I think I read in there that the Warwick project is a mile away from the airport, there is a way to see what it all looks like overhead, I found a video of a pilot landing at the Warwick airport:

Warwick airport landing

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

THE FDS FORTRESS

..... I wonder when the ATF will arrive .....

Its a hideaway complex. I was in the UK bethel in 2000 when the UK were denied a new HQ despite REALLY needing one because "the end was too close" or translated "that's our money, no you can't have any of it."

Now they are building their own hi-tech self sufficient bunker in the middle of nowhere. What are they afraid of? It all stinks of corporation, there is nothing religious in anything they do nowadays. I really would hope that if I was a JW right now and saw/ heard what they are doing, the alarm bells would ring.

15 years time....BUZZZZZZZZ........ BUZZZZZZZZ........ "hello, please state your name and the purpose of your visit?"...

"Hi I was a JW for 30 years and my family were JWs going back 4 generations, I want you to let me into the complex, I want to talk to someone in charge about closing all the halls down, selling them, stopping the literature and leaving us to fend for ourselves, people say they are just a business and I want them to let me in, I want to talk to someone, I donated money all my life and I can't believe they did this......."

"hello? Did you hear what I said?"

"Sir Watchtower corporation wish to ask you to remove yourself from in front of the gate or the police will be called, thank you, that is all, goodbye sir."

....BUZZ.........BUUUUUUUUZZZZ........... Cry,,,,, sniff, cry......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit