Warwick project... I had no clue it was this big!!!

by sosoconfused 67 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Oh, but you are forgetting that the GB will be living and retiring there!!

• DNCall
    DNCall

Acres and acres of undeveloped property both at Patterson and Warwick. What I always found amusing is that the space devoted to education at the Patterson Educational Center is insignificant compared to the rest of the developed area.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

BTW- the property at Walkill is over 1000 acres!!!

• St George of England
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Cushiest Masada I've seen yet.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Was this land bought or donated? Many very wealthy JW's would pay big bucks to build a retirement home on that Watchtower lakefront property. The Watchtower could think of ways to make money off the flock vacationing to come visit the new WT HQ. The JW cult will morph from a religious publishing corporation to a real estate development/investment holding company religious corporation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Scientology's Gold Base residents are gonna be really jealous.

In addition, is there anyone still out there who doesn't think that they could have a bunker complex designed and built underneath if they wanted, now?

There's plenty of room (underground), the municipal inspectors can't be there every day, and the engineers and contractors would all be JW "volunteers" who'd happily keep their trap shut for the promise of a cozy, furnished hole to ride out the Big A.

Think About It - "The JW cult will morph from a religious publishing corporation to a real estate development/investment holding company religious corporation."

It kinda already is; this is just setting it stone (or concrete, whatever).

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

" The proposal includes an administration offices building, services building with kitchen, laundry, storage and infirmary; four residential buildings housing 588 one- and two-bedroom units for approximately 1,000 residents; a vehicle maintenance building; a waste separation facility; a powerhouse/maintenance building, and a recreational facility. The majority of parking is proposed to be within attached underground parking structures."

erm...... What exactly are 1000 people going to be doing there? Where is the proposal of a factory? Printing facility? Its just offices......

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

It will be amusing to see how tour groups will flock to this project once it's complete. Coach buses lined up with JWs eager to tour and take countless pictures of....

...offices!!!

Given it's location on the edge of the lake, I'm sure it will have quite picturesque views-- so much so that nary an hour will pass without someone in the endless stream of tour groups saying "Oh how beautiful! I feel like I'm standing in one of the illustrations of the Paradise! This must be what it will feel like in the New World TM !!!

All that is needed is to have lion cubs and panda bears wandering the property to complete the experience.

R_O

• JeffT
    JeffT

I am hoping for a Native American site of huge archaeological interest to be uncovered smack in the middle, that should bugger the project good and proper.

Have any of you seen a movie called "Flap" with Anthony Quinn? Made about 1970, great movie; funny, sad at the end, and with a great message. Its the source of this idea:

We dig up a dead Native American, bury him in the middle of the site and sue the WTBS to stop the project. We might even be able to find a some Native Americans willing to donate a body or two to the cause.

edited to add: with some luck we could convince the GB the site is demonized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit