Warwick project... I had no clue it was this big!!!

by sosoconfused 67 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

One of my family members recently (about 3 weeks ago) went for a weekend of volunteer work at Tuxedo NY, where on that weekend there were 800! workers in a single weekend. There is an intense activity I can only describe as feverish to get that project done. Tuxedo is about 8-10 miles away from Warwick, and the WT society has purchased what appears to be a midsize office building which they are renovating into residence rooms, which will then be used as residence for workers for the Warwick site when it is started. Also for storage of building supplies, I presume, but all I saw in the photos was the residence areas. All that has been done at Warwick so far has been demolition and clearing. The Tuxedo renovation is feverish... it looks like they will be done in as little as a couple of months. The Tuxedo residence building looks like it has 4 or 5 floors, and I would expect maybe 40 rooms on each floor... just a guess as to the size.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The size and landscaped land of this place does seem, impressive (or excessive!) . Given the remote location and if there are to be hundreds of testosterone filled young Bethelites out there, I can well see a reason to have recreational facilities. Since there will not be a number of local congregations I suppose they will worship on site ? I wonder about Field Service , will Warwick be infested with them getting in their hours? Have they considered the impact that the loss of the Bethelites will have on N Y City congregations?

If my own assumption is correct , Patterson is the education centre = Gilead as was...and elder training

Wallkill is the factory production

Warwick is admin and exec offices

I guess they can afford it if they can sell the Brooklyn waterfront properties for mega millions.....

Their attitude to a J W taking time out to build a family home is to call it materialism. For them to take pioneers off their work to build Bethels is the opposite. "The organization needs facilities to preach the Good News" they say and" We expect our buildings to be available for post Armageddon work" !

The individual dubs have contrary views as well. If another religion does it then it is "lining their pockets from believers" if the WTS does the same they say that "Jehovah wants us to have the very best, and he provides"

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Blues - they actually said, " We expect our buildings to be available for post Armageddon work" ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Bluesbrother - "Patterson is the education centre...and elder training, Wallkill is the factory production, Warwick is admin and exec offices"

So, are the facilities at Walkill and Patterson going to be closed down eventually, like Brooklyn?

• Shador
    Shador
    So, are the facilities at Walkill and Patterson going to be closed down eventually, like Brooklyn?

They just read a letter last night about expanding... Walkill, I think it was. Also that Warwick was proceeding apace. How happifing.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Sosoconfused:

Isn't it interesting that the JWS are the ones losing out. That is the ones that have to scrimp and save all year long just to make ends meat.

I'll never understand why the WTS lets it's members almost starving go without when they keep on raking in the money and properties.

Oh yeah it's because they don't give a hoot about any of it's members, because their greedy and money hungry. I feel for the non rich

JWS I know because I use to be one of them.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Adventure - yes it is actually pretty pathetic.

My mom is in love with it. She sad hopefully one day she can go there on a tour... "Jehovah willing".

All the money that she has donated the place should be like a freaking time-share for her

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I think about the innocent believers that have been lied to over the decades that support construction projects like this. They pay for their own way to the project, (sometimes $100's of dollars in airfare), take off time from their work, families, and any personal money making pursuits for weeks, months and years.

WT can afford much when all they have to supply is material for contruction, equipment to build, and food for the workers. Everything is great and wonderful for WT HQ's, but my father-in-law who has went and starved where the need was great, served as an elder for years, served the quickbuilds to an excessive degree and is 70 something years old and needs some house repairs, sorry Charlie, he's up crap creek. Volunteers are only used for officially sanctioned projects.

I also like that they have volunteer workers fix up these homes and offices for "construction workers", but this is also just a scam of purchasing more real estate, fixing it up to "use it" and then selling it when the project is over. The Wt saves in the cost of labor, including workers compensation, and social security, no wonder they have such nice buildings. I think about the volunteers that WT has used to literally wash the walls in exisitng buildings. It's kinda of like, we don't need you here, but if you want to do something, wash the walls, and clean the toilets.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Blues brother...

about two years ago, watchtower met with Warwick town council and did a deal, they said they would not preach in that town at all in exchange for the planning permission etc. they also said they would bring trade of approx ~$100 per visitor to the site.

It gets better.... Warwick spoke to the mayor/local governor in Brooklyn, he confirmed that the WT, had made the same deal there and indeed had never preached in the local area as promised.

Wonder how many JWs know this.... If the ministry is so important... Are they ok to exchange whole towns fromthe message for good land?

All of this was in a newspaper article. Ill see if i can find it...

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

They made a deal not to preach!! That is pretty hypocritical. I am glad we stopped giving money before we quit. My husband spent years slaving for the RBC even supplying materials. He thought something fishy was going on but never knew until we left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit