Out with the old....

by wha happened? 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Watkins
    Watkins

I like to think it's all being recycled into something good - like Hallmark birthday wrapping paper! Ha!

Good for you, wha - bet it feels like a load off your back!

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

The only books I have kept are the latest Elders shepherding the flock book, my parent Greek Interlinears that i found in their car, the Aid to bible Understanding and all there volumes of studies in the scriptures. These are the most damning.

All the others are not of value to me LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have a bunch of boxes of bound volumns and such buried under the stairs in the back of a closet. If it weren't for the fact that the closet is full of my JW wife's stuff, I would consider getting rid of it all. I may still do it one day and take a picture of the closet and put it all back the same way. She would never remember those boxes. I put them there when I was a good little dub.

Best wishes on your new condo and I am glad you did not bother to bring your old baggage with you.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

But isn't this considered a rejection of God's meat in due season?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

years ago, I took all of my boxes of old WT books and magazines to a KH nearby and stacked them in front of their door early one morning.

On top of the boxes I attached a large piece of paper with the scripture from Eccl "to the making of many books there is no end....."

• Comatose
    Comatose

lol at a homeless guy picking through the trash coming into the truth.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Good for you. I didn't know what to do with my bound vol either...ended up recycling them. I have a small bookshelf of a few things. Which reminds me, time to move them to the bookshelf in the garage. Need more room for the diet books.

Congrats on the move!! When's the housewarming party?

• Shador
    Shador
    On top of the boxes I attached a large piece of paper with the scripture from Eccl "to the making of many books there is no end....."

That's a great idea. I may just have to do that whenever I decide to leave...

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I sold mine to book store with notes written thru them.

Also some antique ones I took to a local book store. Gave them away for free, he found an exjw who collected them and bought them in bulk. Good cause.

But I tell you it was hard to get rid of them because the hours of research.

So happy I did.

I wasted too many hours.

• jw07
    jw07

Strangely enough reading very old WT literature was a part of my waking up to TTATT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit