Out with the old....

by wha happened? 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Just think of all the money you could have saved on toilet paper if you only repurposed those volumes....I'm just sayin....

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

jw07 me too - The beginning of the end for me was when a WT in 1989 ?give or take

had an article that referred to Rutherfords pamphlet "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

written in around 1920 ? The 1989 WT called it Millions Now living MAY Never Die.

I had seen the original at one point in time and the old discarded "Truth" Book.

I couldn't let it go that they changed the title to MAY instead of Will. It bothered me.

I did an inter-library search for it and found an original copy, sure enough they were

misrepresenting this original pamphlet. It was the one that predicted the resurrection

of the prophets of old to occur in 1925 and led to the building of Beth Sarim in San Diego.

I think old literature, at least significant books or magazines with 1975 blazened on the cover

should be held and saved and kept in some central libray. This actually can free people who

are very much a "true believer" type ( like I was ) and research little details.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I threw out all 32 yrs worth of bound volumes and couple of yrs ago . It was city wide clean up and people were dumpster diving big time . I saw some young twenty somethings going through my trash so I went out and warned them that they probably wouldn't want those books . They asked why so I told them the whole sorted JW story ...One of them slammed the book back in the trash and yelled "those A-holes " They ruined my friends life !"...Gues he had a Df'd friend that was being shunned .

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When we moved over 2 years ago we burned every damm book we had. Except certain ones my wife wanted for research. I was able to release alot of anger by doing that. Toally ADD

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was too lazy to burn our old literature, I just chucked it in the regular trash over the course of a few weeks. There was too much to dump all at once, since we have a 200 pound weight limit on our garbage cans.

• Mum
    Mum

The most damning "apostate literature" is aged Watchtower literature.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Wha happened: I know a brother who has every book and piece of literature there is to be had by this CULT. What good is it going to do him? Oh! He gets an extra day of everlasting life on earth. YEAH RIGHT.

Congratulations on your new abode Bro.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Congrats! I condos.

the decision was made to toss them into the skip and to count her time doing it because there was the possibility of someone finding a bunch of books there and taking one

Umm...wow. That is the most backward logic I've heard in a long time.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well the company that cleaned out all my unwanted belongings, does not use any landfill. It's 100% recycled. No homeless people will find a book, lol. One last thing I did was pull out the old "Prince of peace" publication. I think that's what it's called. And then printed a recent WT and asked my wife if she noticed a differance. "You mean the simplification?" was my wife's response. I said, "The WT doesn't want smart people. Smart people think, smart people ask questions, smart people want proof. I wanted to point this out because I know you're not stupid. But apparently the WT thinks you are. That's why they send you this rubbish." Silence but I saw the gears turning

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

I got rid of all that crap years ago. No bound volumes, no bibles, nothing.

I don't want to risk having a demonized house and having a smurf have it's way with me while I sleep.

I guess I'm just cautious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit