Out with the old....

by wha happened? 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I purchased a condo late last year and due to my personal schedule, I wasn't able to redo it to my preferance until a few months ago. All the heavy work is done. Now just replacing electrical outlets, fixtures and such. Slowly moving personal items over there. I didn't want to get involved in a big move so I bought new furniture and had it delivered. Some personal items posed a dilemma. Basically my library of W publications. Well I decided to toss it all. Has it ever won an argument with a dub when I show them old publications rather than so called "apostate literature"? No. It's a waste of paper, and a waste of time and space to move it. So off in the trash it goes. and good riddance

• Honesty
    Honesty

Burning publications is better than tossing them in the trash.

Some homeless person might stumble upon a tract you tossed and come into the truth because he read it.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

My ailing grandmother moved out of her spacious home and into a more smaller, yet more convenient place for her ongoing care. She had a library of old publications, both in Spanish and English. Though one of my brothers reluctantly offered to take them so as not to appear to show disrespect for the publications, the decision was made to toss them into the skip and to count her time doing it because there was the possibility of someone finding a bunch of books there and taking one.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Sure felt good, wha-- didn't it?!!

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Burn them.... even diehards like my crazy mother has bound volumes going back to God knows when as well as all the old books etc...

She keeps them as part of our "spiritual heritage" yet she wont open them because they are packed with old light that could damage her faith.....

So unless you like all those brightly colored books from the 60's and 70's I would just burn them

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Good for you! I vividly remember, 25 years ago, the absolute satisfying feeling when I made a huge bon fire out of my mother's bound volumes!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Say What !!!!!!

You bought a condo !!!!!! don't you know the end is near !!!!!!!

you Shoulda took that money and gave it to the WTS !!!!!

Why didn't you " Wait on the Kingdom" !!!!!!

You coulda picked out any house you seen while in field service

What in the world were you thinkin !!!!!!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

We dumped our JW lit when we moved across country. Kept two Bibles and we miss none of them. 4 Years no lit.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'm surprised it took you THIS long!

• wasblind
    wasblind

I will not let go of my Reasoning book. My August 2006 AWAKE on blood

and my Proclaimers book

Witnesses who decide to stay in are free to do so

But I hold to these books as proof to warn others not to fall in the trap of this destructive cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit