Brilliant video catches Governing Body red-handed ignoring their own "name-calling" warnings

by cedars 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

blondie: Did he have a point, what topics or beliefs do apostates promote. At least Paul wrote that some said the resurrection had already occurred, and that they were reigning as kings already.

Exactly! This is the significant difference between an ad hominem attack (which is a logical fallacy) and a mere character attack: the fallacy is that the attacker never addresses any real issues, hoping the audience will be distracted by the emotional appeal of the attack and fail to notice that no real logic was employed.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Intelligent convictions?! That sounds very similar to " independent thinking."

• blondie
    blondie

Well, based on that full talk, the WTS dances around a lot..."serious sins" do they mean hiding child abusers?

I remember the WTS saying that Christendom complained that the WTS was poaching their members....

avoid....DF?

And if any active jws think they can read and post on JWN with the blessing of the WTS, they should listen to this talk.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thanks Cedars. So very glad to have you back !

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

This same talk could have been at any church when discussing the witnesses.

Captain Blithering. I like your idea. There are ad hominem attacks daily that you could bring up. Just read an online newspapers comments section and you will find name calling. Find an innocuous article and bring it up. Or make something up, remember this is "Theocratic warfare"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Captain Blithering,

Has anyone ever told you or your wife, or anyone you know, that they were independent thinkers? If you have a personal experience to bring out to your wife it will make it easier to bring the subject up. Believe me, I know it's difficult. Just type any of these words into the WT CD-Library, in quotations.

1) " propaganda "

2) " open mind "

3) " manipulation of information "

4) " Do others do your thinking for you "

You will find some great information. Then if you can just find a way to ask a viewpoint question, a seed could be planted. This could work, especially if you have been the victim of an ad-hominem attack. Also, if you bring out how serious real apostasy is, you can reason that we would never want to pass judgment on a fellow human. Especially when the penalty is everlasting destruction. I don't know how your wife feels about the Nu-light, but it was plainly stated at the annual meeting that it is an " idea." If we do not agree with an idea of men that could change, are we deserving of everlasting death in God's sight? Apostasy is a serious charge to level at another human. I feel bad about saying the GB are apostate. I have to remind myself that they could be, " the slave that does not understand." Really it is not my place to pass judgement on anyone.

Peace,

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    what topics or beliefs do apostates promote

I recently spoke with a JW that attended the 2013 DC. He said this was the only tactic used during the entire convention: make accusations against opposers/apostates but never discuss what the real issues are. Simply make blanket ad hominem statements, then quickly move on. Unfortunately, that is satisfactory for most JWs, as evidence is rarely required in order to fully accept any WT claims.

This was done with pro-WT claims as well. One example: "Can there be ANY question that this is God's one true Organization? No, there is no question." The speaker asks, then answers, his own question. Of course, no proofs or even slight examples are offered to support the claim. It's guerilla tactics, hit-and-run theology; make the claim, then disappear before any meaningful thoughts or reflection in the minds of JWs in the audience can set in.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" hit-and-run theology; make the claim, then disappear before any meaningful thoughts or reflection in the minds of JWs in the audience can set in. "

ADCMS,

This is the reason fast-moving symposiums were adopted. There is zero time for anything to be assimilated. I would say that most JW's do not take good notes, and do not review them. Also, what's the point? Nothing is truly discussed. A symposium is a fast regurgitation of JW " factoids " to be accepted as "truth."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

In the talk it said that the Watchtower printing corporation: promptly disfellowshipped prominant elders for saying the door to door preaching work was unnecessary in the 1970s.

That should be of no surprise after all they are a printing company that makes its money off of free labor going door to door selling their printed material, if this idea spread they could go bankrupt. In which case they could take a printing press hang it around their neck an be pitched into the sea.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep - that sums me up pretty well ;-) - Good to see you posting here again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit