Brilliant video catches Governing Body red-handed ignoring their own "name-calling" warnings

by cedars 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Thanks, Cedars!!

Glad to see you back

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

got halfway through and gave up, I can't listen to it knowing that I'm gonna have to sit through it all again in the summer...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cedars, great expose of the hypocrisy of the WTBTS!

This audio excerpt is a perfect example of one of the most common logical fallacies used by the WT and its representatives: the ad hominem attack. They attack the character of their "enemy," in this case by "name-calling," while simultaneously avoiding addressing any of the real issues raised by the "enemy."

It is a common device used by propagandists. It's rhetorical misdirection that works like magic on anyone unaware of the technique.

Notice how anyone that disagrees with the WT/GB/FDS/Local Elders is branded as: prideful, bitter, defiant and false to the truth.

BTW, to arp7601 (the creator of this video) you missed "False Teachers!" ... lol

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Hmmmmm I wonder if I could wangle in a discussion about name calling and ad hominem attacks with the missus before the DC this year.....

Now how am I gonna bring THAT up?!

• blondie
    blondie

Did he have a point, what topics or beliefs do apostates promote. At least Paul wrote that some said the resurrection had already occurred, and that they were reigning as kings already.

Is there more recorded of this talk somewhere?

• Honesty
    Honesty

The GB feels threatened because the TTATT is getting around.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The particular Awake! quoted in the video is from the second of three in a series of articles on propaganda. These articles should be on the “MUST READ” list of every JW and ex-JW:

g 6/22/2000:

• Propaganda Can Be Deadly – p. 3
    • The Manipulation of Information – pp. 4-8
    • Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! – pp. 9-11

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/19162

If you take the time to read these articles you will come to have a good working knowledge of propaganda: what it is and the typical tools and techniques of propagandist.

Then, after you have read how well the Awake! writers understand the tools of propaganda and you see how well they use them, you will realize that there is only one reasonable, logical conclusion: the deceptions of the WTBTS Leaders are both willful and deliberate.

• cedars
    cedars

blondie

Is there more recorded of this talk somewhere?

Here's the full recording (with some opening commentary)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSEVEeUSkD0

Cedars

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

Excellent video, thanks Cedars. Well, as a Christian, of course I´m an apostate.

The society is themself apostates, turned away from the teachings of the Christ and Paul.

Jesus is mediator for only 144,000 literal, a pardise earth forever, a literal ressurection, a "Governing body" in the first century were Paul supposed to have been a member, the overlapping generation, Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 and "choosed" the bible students, women can´t be ms,

and other stuff is nothing but falsehood.In direct conflict with both Jesus and Pauls teachings. By the way, John 17:17 is refering to the Christ himself as Gods word.

In John 8:46-47 Jesus is in fact saying that HE and no-one or nothing else can make such a claim. These verses do NOT refere to the Bible as a whole as the Governing Body seems to think!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit