Brilliant video catches Governing Body red-handed ignoring their own "name-calling" warnings

by cedars 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    promptly disfellowshipped prominant elders for saying the door to door preaching work was unnecessary in the 1970s.

As commented on in CoC, the real issue was some JWs had a problem with the meaning that WT attached to door to door activity, namely, 1) claiming this is how Jesus and the early disciples preached, therefore it's a requirement for Christians today, and 2) how hours and placements are used as a judging tool. More hours/placements = more "spiritual".

D to D is one method of eveangelizing, but certainly not the only method nor scripturally mandatory.

It's typical WT rhetoric, start first with the doctrine, then make everything fit, rather than actually determine what the Bible says first, then formulate a doctrine.

DD:

Nothing is truly discussed. A symposium is a fast regurgitation of JW " factoids " to be accepted as "truth."

Exactly. Conventions offer nothing different than what a JW can hear at any meeting during the week. "Progressive" = repetition ad nauseum in WT Land.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Shirley,

Yes your right. I was just taking them at their word and showing that the Corporations survival depends on making the door to door salesman work mandatory for salvation and that is the reason for quick disfellowshipping action(corporation survival) the exploitation of free labor. Even if they didn't say exactly what the lying GB says they said.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@Captain Blithering: I agree, might be hard to bring up before the convention, but we could certainly discuss it later that evening, right? We are supposed to review the day's program as a family. I will try to use Blondie's point that at least Paul was specific. This could be my best and last convention ever...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I was just taking them at their word and showing that the Corporations survival depends on making the door to door salesman work mandatory for salvation

Yupper. Many astute ones see this. Unfortunately, free expression does not have a home in Brooklyn or anywhere else in the org.

Totally agree with you, Frankie.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Pisses me off that they say that christians are against Christ. They've replaced Christ with the GB and they have the nerve to say anything about anyone else's relationship with Christ? Calling us antichrists because we're christians?

The big sin of the apostate is changing his mind. Woo. Take 'em out and shoot them.

• nugget
    nugget

An identifying feature of apostates is jealousy. Really jealous of what? They have nothing I want and certainly I am not jealous of the millions having to drive miles to listen to this hate filled speech.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Every year, there are fluff articles about the convention in the newspaper. If Neo-Nazis were downtown, holding a convention, would there be a nice, fluff piece about their assembly which ignored the hate speech?

We really need more media attention about this issue.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Londo - We definitely need more media attention. Press releases, flyers, videos, etc all sent to the press. These puff pieces need to end.

BTW I would like to personally thank Arp7601 for making this. He is a TIRELESS YouTuber, and a devout man of principal. I am glad to call him a friend!

• Terry
    Terry

Jesus was the Good Shepherd who left the 99 sheep to go after the "stray" to carry them tenderly back to the flock.

Jesus did not characterize the stray sheep as Apostate and hurl pejoratives in order to avoid reclaiming it.

Former members of Jehovah's Witnesses are individuals who leave for a variety of reasons. An honest appraisal of criticism from former members would require humilty and a willingness to exercise intellectual honesty.

Does true worship actually involve total LOYALTY to men who pretend they are Christ's agents and operatives?

Or does loyalty to facts, evidence and honest inquiry demand a thorough hearing first?

The number 1 problem facing the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses is their own words, deeds and explanations!

Owning up to errors, false predictions and changed teachings makes them squirm and lash out rather than concede to leading others astray.

What ever happened to the "noble minded Boreans" as an example of those who "daily examined the scriptures to see if these things were so?"

Seeing if something is true is a virture and not a character failure!

• clarity
    clarity

I can imagine the fallout from this assembly ...all this crap being sucked up

and decisions being made on all that crap!

Even more families broken up .... more grief, crying & stress!

How many sons & daughters will be turfed! How many more future suicides?

>

Glad you are back here in our little corner of the world Cedars.

This really must be stopped!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit