Brilliant video catches Governing Body red-handed ignoring their own "name-calling" warnings

by cedars 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7
    An identifying feature of apostates is jealousy. Really jealous of what? They have nothing I want and certainly I am not jealous of the millions having to drive miles to listen to this hate filled speech.

Agreed, nugget. Speaking as someone who actually will be wasting fuel and mileage to hear about how I'm quite literally Satan's Masterchef, I am definitely not feeling much by way of jealousy towards JWs. I'm jealous of people who have already seen 'Star Trek' and 'Man of Steel', more than anything.

Have to say, I'm surprised to hear different straw man examples of apostate 'teachings' than I'm used to hearing. Usually it's stuff like 'they refuse to use the name Jehovah' or 'they have a personal problem with elders or GB members'.

Ah yes--let's not forget that, I might add. The straw man is being combined with the ad hominem attacks. They set up a position that's vaguely similar to what apostates have said, rather than stating the actual details/facts involved. Hmm. We could probably go so far as to add 'lie by omission' here. None of those three logical fallacies is anything new for the WT, though.

But this time, IT'S PERSONAL!!!

--sd-7

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thanks Cedar!

Gorby

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lots of Name Calling but No Arguement..

The WBT$ has 3 Year Old`s writing..

Talks for Assemblies..

......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

cheers Jeff, data dog, and fade to black, good suggestions all, and ones I'll certainly be trying to weedle in somewhere or other...

• Quendi
    Quendi

Thanks for another excellent effort, cedars.

Quendi

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thanks Cedars.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks folks! However, please remember it isn't one of my videos - it's arp7601 of YouTube fame. His standard of video production is way more sophisticated than any of my efforts! And it's extremely clever how he linked in the "name-calling" Awake! article.

I was so impressed that I wrote the following JWsurvey article in tribute, assuming I am allowed to post a link.... http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/governing-body-breaks-its-own-name-calling-rules-in-human-apostates-convention-talk

(If it's bad form to post a link, by all means remove it mods/admins with my apologies.)

Cedars

• zound
    zound

I posted a link to full youtube Stephen Lett's talk "imitate the angels"not long ago. I think there would be some good stuff in there for your getting to know videos.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for the heads-up Zound! I need more "Lett" material!

Cedars

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

ADCMS,

make accusations against opposers/apostates but never discuss what the real issues are.

And beware, because if you happen to raise the issue by asking: "You know, they make acusations upon apostates, but they never actually say what kind of issues the apostates are talking about". You will be marked for a 'friendly' shepherding call, and will ke kept under close watch from then on.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit