The world WILL end, but not for religious reasons...

by Monsieur 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not quite what I was looking for but similar idea:

“For a hundred years or more the world, our world, has been dying. And not one man, in these last hundred years or so, has been crazy enough to put a bomb up the asshole of creation and set it off. The world is rotting away, dying piecemeal. But it needs the coup de grace, it needs to be blown to smithereens. Not one of us is intact, and yet we have in us all the continents and the seas between the continents and the birds of the air. We are going to put it down ? the evolution of this world which has died but which has not been buried.”
    ? Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

So, would economic, political, environmental, and social collapse vindicate JWism? In a way?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

that is what i like about the pandas. they wont screw to save the species. they are all like, "screw you, you just want to repopulate us for fur." i find that noble. the pandas are calling it on their own terms. hahhaa. lions, rhinos, and elephants are going to follow. like a species suicide. unfortunatly, humans will keep breeding and polluting.

• 5go
    5go

I a billion years or so the sun will expand to consume the earth and then the world will end wither god has anything to do with that is up for debate.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

All life has always been next to extinction. It doesn’t matter if one categorises it in terms of time scales, species, accidents, carelessness, nature, intention, life span or anything else. All things come to dust eventually. In any closed system energy eventually runs out as it will in the universe. However a closed system doesn’t have to be the only system……

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Shador:

If humanity causes our own destruction, that will only prove that we deserve it.

This reminds me of a line in the movie "The Arrival."

JGNat:

I was trying to structure my comments about Lovelock so as to avoid controversy. He was/is a controversial figure in eco-science.

But I gather he seems to think it's already over for humans, more or less. I think he feels that in the end only a few hundred million humans will be able to live in the northern/southern regions, as the only hospitable areas left.

Slim

It would be kinda cool to live to see the end of the world, or at least something apocalyptic.

This reminds me a little of the movie "Melancholia."

• Monsieur
  • cantleave
    cantleave

The earth won't "end" because of a mass extinction. Where life survives it will evolve and rebuild diversity, that is not the end of the Earth.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You don't think the earth, and even the universe itself will end at some point and all life in it?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I remember when I pulled out one of my father's books as a child. It was by Albert Einstein. I could barely read then, but I began reading about the sun. Then I read something that spooked me. He said, "The sun is slowly, but surely, burning out." Even though my parents attempted by to sooth me by telling me it would be many millions of years before this happens, it still shook me. It disrupted my worldview of permanence.

Now I've become more religious and believe we're living in the last days prior to Christ's coming. Peter wrote: "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." (1 Peter 3:3-4)

When things begin in earnest, the religious people of the earth will see it as the work of God, who often works through natural events. Others will say that it's because of man's neglect of the earth that it's happening. Prophecy states the tribulations in the earth will fail to move many to repentence. Instead, they will "curse God and die."

The purpose of the tribulation is to assist in preparing the world for the Millennium by ridding the earth of the wicked. But there will be many good, decent, honorable unbelievers who will be spared. During the battle of Armageddon, when the Beast brings his army against Jerusalem, God will not destroy the entire army, but will leave a sixth of them. The warlord and his primary divisions, however, will be destroyed by the "brightness," or glory of the Lord's coming. In other words, no man can see God and live without the protection of the Spirit of God. The honorable men of the earth will be spared, whether atheists or agnostics. Even some Unitarians will be spared! :^)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit