The world WILL end, but not for religious reasons...

by Monsieur 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

i've been watching a very interesting documentary regarding the state of planet Earth.

In a nutshell, (scientifically/physically/factualy) Earth is experiencing 'pressure' that points to one inevitable result, to correct itself (or more specifically, to correct the effects of the present human cause, in ex- pollution, global warming, resource depletion etc.).

The last time Earth 'corrected' itself, there was mass extinction. For proof, check out the dinosaur fossil record (unless they are a hoax.)

Interestingly,

man appears capable of being able to avert this next correction. it just needs a big incentive. (although if survival of you or your children is not a big enough incentive, i dont know what is.)

if enough people on Earth can take measures, the END can be averted. Scientifically, this claim is accurate. What is blowing my mind is that scientists are warning we don't have much time. In fact, our children could realistically see adverse effects in their lifetime.

if we don't take measures, the END will come, but it doesn't appear that it will be due to some battle at Armaggedon.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like prophets (futurists) who have a proven track record. My favored futurists include the authors of Megatrends 2000 and Hans Rosling. About 2050 will be a pivotal time, and the world decisions made in the next few years are critical. The tipping point? Population growth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTznEIZRkLg

Rosling gives a strong argument that the fastest way to reduce population growth is to improve the living conditions and health for the people in developing countries.

• Shador
    Shador

RIP, H. sapiens.

Eh, 200,000 years. Not a bad run.

Wonder what species will dominate next?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Monsieur:

There is some resemblance in what you point out to this man's theories.

Note especially the topic "We are past the point of no return" and on down from there.

Some think he is eccentric. Others say he makes a lot of sense. He is definitely very intelligent.

Probably, most hope he is wrong. The alternative is not good for us as a species.

He views earth's ecosystem as being interconnected, similar to a living organism. When something starts making it sick, the ecosystem moves to eliminate the cause.

Take Care

• jgnat
    jgnat

To lie down and accept it is the antithesis of life. Watching our robins, raise one chick after the other in our short summer, they never give up. They feed, teach, and protect each hatchling in the hope that, this time, they will skirt the vagaries of weather and storm, and avoid the sharp eye of brother hawk.

I owe it to my granddaughter, who will be alive when mankind reaches its peak population, that a way will be made for hope and a future.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bobcat, Mars may be an example of a failed ecosystem. I don't think there are any failsafes on the system.

• Shador
    Shador

If humanity causes our own destruction, that will only prove that we deserve it.

• James Brown
    James Brown

The end might be because of religious reasons.

And for a lack of spirituality.

If people were not so selfish and self centered maybe they would do something.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I must admit I did not watch your posted video, but I think some humans will survive whatever comes our way. Eventually, the sun will make earth uninhabitable. I bet, even then, humans will have established themselves elsewhere.

But there are major changes, obstacles, things we can do better. I saw on facebook, a letter to the future generations: "Sorry for what we left you, we were drunk on fossil fuel."

I think one of the biggest challenges ahead is that the success of humans dominating the planet means less and less food source for us. Oh sure, we can actually work it out technilogically, but greed seems to get in the way.

And of course, the whole universe will have to come to some kind of headway where all the old stars burn out or explode or whatever they do. Nothing lasts forever.

I don't plan to worry too much about billions of years from now. It's hard enough to plan for next month.

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit