Judicial Meeting

by Kool Jo 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quendi
    Quendi

I was asked that very question in my last meeting with the judicial committee. I told them “No.” I thought it was very strange that they were no longer concerned with my original “sin”, but would decide my reinstatement on the answer I gave. Even more strange, after I gave the answer, they told me they needed “more time” to decide. That was when I walked away to never return. That was three years ago. It is clear to me that this question is now a litmus test the organization is using and that it is their version of a pledge of allegiance.

Quendi

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I would have to be very drunk and very stoned to even try to say "yes" to that question

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I would say something like: "I believe the Governing Body believes they are the Faithful and Discreet Slave and the channel Jehovah is using. As such, the scriptures say that they have one job and one job only: provide food at the proper time. I believe they are doing that in abundance."

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.’ TheWatchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: “We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425) “Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible.” (December 15, 1896, page 306) TheWatchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah’s spirit “does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine TheWatchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes.” (May 15, 1947, page 157) “TheWatchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263) “The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)”—February 15, 1981, page 19.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Elders plan for all the typical things someone might say. You can toss them something from clear out in left field.

Say: "I have prayed for this day to come! Yes, Jehovah IS working through me! I know you must be as excited as I was when I learned the news, but I must ask you not to announce anything to the congregation yet for the appointed time has not come."

Ask them if they have any questions for Jehovah they can return at any time, but that you are very busy right now and have to go.

Their minds will still be reeling and they should excuse themselves. How do they prove that Jehovah isn't working through you without decimating their argument that the Governing Body is Jehovah's channel?

You haven't said yes, you haven't said no.

Most likely you will be branded insane and they will not pursue you. If they try to argue with you, tell them that there is new light and that they need to put their trust in Jehovah. He will reveal the truth to them at his appointed time.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I would be inclined to say,

A) For roughly 100 years, everyone with the heavenly hope was a member of the Faithful & Discreet Slave, but not anymore after the Annual Meeting. I'm confused that Jehovah allowed an apparently false teaching to persist for so long.

B) Since Christ is going to judge everyone, Scripturally it would be totally wrong for me to assume his role and say if someone is already faithful & discreet or not. Would you do such a thing?

• QC
    QC

When you are dealing with "evil" e.g. a Nazi looking to kill Jews (you won't show him Jews), so it is with JC "evil" looking to perform character assignations in order to perpetuate a false agenda intent on misleading information.

Their abuse must be avoided.

NASB Mt 10:16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.”

So, when dealing with a devious element, someone trying trap you so they can do you harm, it's ok to be shrewd (clever with speech so no one is able to leverage a scam to do you harm).

• *lost*
    *lost*

roberta - lol

Qc

Dear oh dear, you know, sometimes it really just hits you, how serious it all really is for some people.

It can be quite upsetting, emotional, thinking about the 'good honesthearted' people who are being put on the rack.

It's like, surreal sometimes. I'm so lucky, I never had to deal with the 'rough stuff'.

How can they do these things ? It's like a bad movie.

I hope people start waking up in droves and leaving.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ask them for all the descriptions of the FDS in all watchtower literature ever, ask them if it is a good idea to decide someone's spiritual death sentence on a doctrine and description that has changed so much , even within the last 12 months.

Ask if it is *** possible** to be scripturaly wrong to agree to the description, based on the fact it may change again in the future making the recent agreed description a false teaching. If thats possible, is it better to say 'I am not sure'. Ask the elders what evidence they have that the description is correct in that , that specific teaching can never be changed or altered in the future by Watchtower. Then ask who should you fear more, god or the FDS? Is it not safer to not assume such a thing with intepretation changing so many times in such a short period of time? Does this please god or frustrate him?

• tornapart
    tornapart

I would just turn it round and ask them what Jesus asked his apostles.. "Who really is the FDS?" Last year it was all the anointed, this year it's only the GB, so how do I know what to believe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit