Judicial Meeting

by Kool Jo 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

So here you are...sitting with a couple of elders at Judicial Meeting, and you're asked the following question:

"Do you still believe that the FDS is the channel that Jehovah is using"?

Now is it possible to answer 'no' without being DF, or how would you answer that question?

Kool Jo

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

No, it's not possible to answer that question with a no and not get df'd.

So if I were in this situation and I didn't want to get df'd, for whatever reason, I'd lie and say yes. Given how massively deceptive the bOrg is, and how hateful they are towards dissenters, I'd have no problems lying to them.

I wouldn't be able to resist doing up the lie really big though, just to mess with them. "Do i still believe that the FDS is the channel that Jehovah is using? Oh my GOD YES!!!! I believe it so much it's not even FUNNY! It's all I ever think about!"

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I won't be attending anybody's judicial meeting but I have thought about how I would answer that question. I would scoff and say outright that that is a ridiculous claim, and then ask what proofs they have that these men are who they believe themselves to be. Turn the question around and put the burden of proof on them.

Whatever they say, just say, "Well that a pretty arrogant claim isn't it?" "How did they decide that the scripture applies to themselves?"

• Comatose
    Comatose

Yes of course! How could you ask me that? (Pained look on my face)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The last time the elders asked me this i just threw it back at them and asked them do you believe these members are your King and Master or is it still Jesus?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Are you thinking of meeting with this small group of jokers? Seriously, the best choice is not to give them the dignity of an audience with you. I would NEVER agree to meet with those unqualified men.

• watson
    watson

"Well, since the new changes in our view of the FDS, I hadn't really thought about it much. Still trying to digest this really big adjustment. Why do you ask?"

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

I would say..." I don't know for sure. I have really been praying for insight and wisdom on this matter. The new 7/15 watchtower has raised several doubts in my mind that I would like to keep private. I am sure that you brothers can value my privacy?"

skinned

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I wasnt in a jc when I was asked that question, but I was asked it several times during a 'shepherding call' when they pounced on me as an 'apostate' and I told them I choose not to answer that. Haven't been asked since, but I think if you took the fifth like that in a jc they'd df u cuz they need a black or white answer.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Apparently you do because your sitting in a JC meeting.

No is automatic dfd because you broke your verbal contract.

What would you say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit