Judicial Meeting

by Kool Jo 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• zeb
    zeb

Rather like that terrible lawyers question: "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

This is called 'entrapment' and such questioning is not allowed under Australian law but the wts makes up its own laws now doesnt it?

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I'm with skinnedsheep, ive been going over it in my mind and I think I would simply play the doubt card. Remember, scripturally, doubters are supposed to be shown tender care and thusly be 'snatched out of the fire.'

If you include words like sincerely and prayerfully, I'd hope that'd work. Hope.

• *lost*
    *lost*

crazy guy

zeb

Kool joe - tell them yes, yes i most certainly do, then produce them with print offs of all the information

about the name je-hovah.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I got asked that in a "shepherding call". I analyzed and shredded the question in front of them without giving them a yes or no. I was in bethel long enough to learn how to shovel bullsh!t and make it look like billiance.

"By the FDS, do you mean all the anointed partakers? As in, do I think the young and unstable Br. Nibble-n-Sip is a spokesman for God? Am I supposed to answer "yes" to that? Do YOU do what that kid says?" ... "Do I think that what is written in the current WT is infallible and would never be replaced by 'new light' in just a matter of months?" ... "By 'channel' are you asking whether I believe they miraculously talk to the spirit world like with a crystal ball?"

Although the new light on the FDS has been published, I don't know whether that interpretation is binding until after the congregation is assigned to study it. It might be interesting to ask a JC that question.

• irondork
    irondork

I was never asked that question but I have rolled it around in my head since learning of it's popularity.

I think I would claim no comment. Tell the elders that wether or not God is using the FDS is between God and the people who claim to be the FDS. Since I have no way of confirming their claim of spiritual appointment, claims that men have been making for thousands of years, claims that all have exactly one thing in common - NO EVIDENCE, then for me to chime in on the subject would amount to heresay.

To clarify their question... "If you are asking wether or not I put my trust in man, I prefer not go beyond the things written:

In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me? - Psalms 56:4

It is better to take refuge in Jehovah than to trust in earthling man. - Psalms 118:8

Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. - Psalms 146:3

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"Do you still believe that the FDS is the channel that Jehovah is using"?

"That's a very good question in light of the new understanding about the identity of the FDS."

"You haven't answered the question."

"How can we answer it? Jehovah didn't communicate to them who really comprised this class for nearly a century and allowed them to believe they had passed the Master's test and were promoted when in fact they hadn't. It certainly makes us ponder, doesn't it, brothers?"

Then add irondork's Scripture quotes. Shrug a lot.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

LIke skinnedsheep said, you could always say you are praying about it. Trouble is, Jehovah would give you the answer through his faithful and discreet servant. So the FDS is whoever claims to be the FDS. Simples. :)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Do you still believe that the FDS is the channel that Jehovah is using"?

"Why of course! The scriptures make it clear, do they not?"

[Blank Look. What do we do now?]

Theocratic warfare. Tell them what they want to hear in order for them to go away. Period.

Doc

• L3G
    L3G

The elders have been trained to distinguish between outright "rebellion," saying the FDS is/are not God's sole mouthpiece, and those who have doubts (on the basis of the passage "continue to show mercy to those who have doubts"). You could always just say' "I'm not sure any more. I have some doubts. I guess I let myself become spritually weak." Playing the doubter-weakness card can buy you some time, at least.

• flipper
    flipper

I guess a person could also say, " I'm taking it in prayer to Jehovah. " Then leave it at that. Perhaps that would shut the elders mouths. It's such a black & white tactic they use it's ridiculous. I like others suggestions of just saying " yes" by lying or say you have doubts

P.S. Or just say you don't understand the alleged " new light " on the GB being the only ones in the faithful slave and ask the elders to explain it to you- then do what all good JW's do- totally change the subject onto another topic. Get the elders minds totally confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit