Stop calling Britain, England.

by sleepy 46 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

re Britain...the lower you are geographically, the higher class you are, as you progress up the country it gets more and more working class.
    Until ,finally, you arrive at Scotland..

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

RF:
    Truth is, the likes of Edinburgh is very highbrow. Queen's English is spoken clearest in Scotland. Also, we are still the producer of the finest Whisky's.

The sporting contests are the funniest.
    If the medalist is English, we sure know about it.
    If the medalist is Scots, etc. they are suddenly British.
    Gotta love those sports commentators.

• one
    one

geographically speaking I was very practical... I spend all night dancing with four beautifull ladies from Sweden.

Some with Ph in literature, so I pretended i know what we were talking about. In reality i even had a hard time locating Sweden mentally.

Well one of them told me that United States of Europe is not possible.

BTW, Sweden is not using the new europen currency yet. And i thoght England (sorry) and France were the only countries resisting the new currency.

Forgot to ask them for a new currency tip.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Hi Lesley, and anyone else at all interested in the strange town of Milton Keynes.

Yup, I live in the postal district of Milton Keynes, but not in any of the new bits, Wolverton to be precise. You didn't live in Bletchley by any chance? Now, I'm no deep lover of MK (though I prefer it to Northampton, where I used to live), but I feel moved to defend our lovely concrete cows, they're wonderful! Some years ago, they were distastfully "arranged" so that one of them was (er, how to put this delicately...) "being friendly" with one of the others. People could therefore, for a short while, talk literally about "those f***ing cows".

Many of the roundabouts are sponsored by local companies. There are several which are sponsored by the same Indian restaraunt, which causes me no end of confusion, but curiously I've eaten a lot more Indian food since moving here.

Iggy

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you. Bah! I deride your truth-handling abilities! - Side Show Bob
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Stop calling Britain, England.

y'alls phone lines down?

• Lesley
    Lesley

Hi Iggy,

I've sent you an email.

Yep, Bletchley born and bred! Why do you ask? We live in East Northamptonshire now about 15 minutes from Northampton.

I remember that now about the concrete cows!

Milton Keynes has changed a lot since we moved 4 years ago. My daughter is at MK Theatre tonight with her grandmother watching Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat (or whatever it's called!)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm flying down to Luton on Monday (3pm).
    Gotta be in Bassingstoke that evening.
    Anyone around and interested in meeting up?
    Feel free to email.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit