Stop calling Britain, England.

by sleepy 46 Replies latest jw friends

• invisible
    invisible

Celtic

See that little toe in the very very far SW, that's where I'm from, Cornwall or Kernow in the mother Celtic tongue, not England, the Welsh and the Bretons in northern France are our closest cousins. London is 330 miles away to the East, upcountry as we say down in there ere parts.

Celty

• sleepy
    sleepy

See that big lump sticking out to the west , well that Wales , and I live next to Cardiff.
    When English people come across the bridge we first prod them with spears , if there are good looking ladies we take them for ourselves.
    The men are usualy to scared to fight and go running off to their mummies back in England.

By the way if you look more closely at the map you can see me waveing.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[Squinting eyes at map]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Englishman
    Englishman

You live in Cardiff, Sleepy?

Isn't that where all the Welshman wear welly boots so as they can jam the back legs of a sheep inside so as they can have their wicked way with them?

Englishman, lookin' at you 'cross the Bristol Channel.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused
    It is like me refering to the USA as New York .
    If this carries on i'll have no other choice but to call the USA Canada.

HUH?

• sleepy
    sleepy

No sheep in Cardiff I'm afraid Englishy man.
    I know you were hoping to bag yourself a few.

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

I like being called English because I am! We make up almost 82% of Great Britain’s population. Where as the welsh make up less than 2% (Sorry sleepy)

I am proud of my heritage, and Anglo-Saxon decent, and I like it to be recognised. I am not Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Jewish, black Caribbean, Black African, Bangladeshi, Indian, Chinese etc. or any of the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants who come here every year and get married just to get a passport and British citizenship. Being British means less and less nowadays. It most certainly doesn’t mean being a native anymore. So to all you out there keep using English if you mean English, I think maybe Sleepy feels left out as Welsh.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

See that group of islands at the top called "Hebrides"?
    I'm up in that general direction - just not saying where.

And I'd rather be called British, ta very muchly!
    Not that I've got anything against the English, mind you.
    Bl**dy sasenachs!!!
    LOL

• Englishman
    Englishman

Well, I'm 100% English, not a touch of Scot, Irish or Welsh blood flows through these lithe young limbs.

Englishman.

• LDH
    LDH

Little Toe, you're the cutest!

I teach my daughter to refer to it as the UK.

Sleepy for your information if *you* want to be accurate, you will refer to the states as "The United States of America."

It really smokes my sausage when I'm on vacation and I hear a tourist from the US saying, "I'm from America." Yeah, you and the Canadians, and the Mexicans, and the Venezuelans, and the Ecuadorians and quite friggin frankly, any one born in NORTH SOUTH OR CENTRAL America.

Just so we're clear.

PS Nemesis your little rant reminded me of that scripture where that man was in church praying, "Thank you God that I am not like that man over there." LOL

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit