newsflash!! WTBS CD-ROM 2001

by greven 42 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

yesterday an announcement was made at my local con. and I thought I`d share it.

the watchtower announced that work on the new CD-ROM is in progress and we can expect it at the end of this year.
    unlike the other versions you can`t get away with win 3.1, you`ll now need at least win95.
    available languages: the one already available + tjech and japanese.
    some of it`s features:

- one window (instead of several)
    - direct printing (no need to transfer to a wordprocessor)
    - some kind of pronounciation thingy (need soundcard for this, not in tjech and jap version)
    - includes WT`s from 2000 and 2001

it was made very clear that the CD-ROM was NOT available for the public, only for JW`s in 'good standing'. (I think this research help is often turned against them )

greetings,
    greven.

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thank you.

I know dungbeetle will be interested.

hawk

• JT
    JT

and this good news of the kingdom needs to be preached and here they are refusing to allow the avg person access to their library of wt publications

the very same publications that they have been trying to sell to folks for over the last 50 yrs.

how sad to think that they have the ability to get thier publication out to the public by all these meanst that they refuse to use

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It's about time they made it so you could print directly without transferring it to a word processor. I wonder if they are still saying comparable CD ROMs sell for $50 or more?

JT that was really funny but true.

Path

• seedy3
    seedy3

Ok Ok, how can I get one, I really want one, some nice JW wnat to help me out here

Seedy

• greven
    greven

as soon as I get my hands on it I can copy it and send to people for the cost of a blank cd and post&shipping.
    I think I`ll order two: one in dutch (my native language) and one in english. both can be copied.

greven.

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I'd love a copy - my last one was a 1993 or 1995 - whatever it is it will not run on Win2K.

• TR
    TR

I will do the same. When and if I get the CD, I'll copy it, and send a copy to all who "thirst for life's water, free". LOL!

I don't understand why they don't sell the cd and other rags from their website. The only answer to their not letting the CD get into the general public's hands has got to be the ease in which apostates can reference, then shoot down their doctrines.

TR

AWWWWW, CRAP!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When it comes available, let me know. I can setup an FTP site... but of course only for transfers that are legal.

[Singing]
    Come and drink life’s waaaaater free... Hmm Hmmm Hmmmmm hmmm Hmm

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• LDH
    LDH

Greven this rocks!

But I think my time-honored technique of getting the issues at the local donut shop is the better solution!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25341&site=3#322207

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit