Why is God speaking in riddles?

by sosoconfused 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

SoSo

Did you get the overt racism present in the story and that Jesus never condemns such judgments ?

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

So ablebodied you think god wrote a book that peopel dont even need to understand? Then why write it.

This water get murkier and murkier

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• The reason the Bible is written in a mysterious way is to help us ....... and not Satan.

So satan is not as smart as humans? He is dumber than dirt? He is unable to look at history and see what's happing and make changes? So if god is keeping him in the stupid state...then what's the point?...

The point Must be---TO MAKE HUMANS SUFFER FOR HIS INABILITY TO COMMUNICATE AND HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WHERE THE FIRST HUMAN CREATIONS WOULD COME TO HIM and ask, whats up with THIS TALKING SNAKE saying the OPPOSITE OF WHAT you SAID? But no he set them up for failure!!!

To help us would be to let us know in terms we can understand! That's what a loving parent would do...don't u think? Like...watch out I have also created a really powerful spirit creature that wants to harm u and tell lies about me.

So humans were the bait for the spirit creatures...to test them not innocent naive humans! We are the pawns in gods and satans chess game..

SW

Edited. So if satan is unable to read or understand the bible then He also can't hear humans talking about what's in the bible?...Really?

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    So ablebodied you think god wrote a book that peopel dont even need to understand? Then why write it.
    This water get murkier and murkier

You do not need to understand the riddles and symbology in the Book of Revelation if you simply obey what Jesus Christ said in the Gospels.

But hey, I will offer to explain something from the Book of Revelation that eludes the vast majority of the Christian population, in a way that even your 8 year old daughter will understand and show why you don't need to understand it if you simply obey what Jesus Christ said in the Gospels.

Are you willing?

abe

• cantleave
    cantleave

Skeptic - I don't think there is enough evidence to believe in god

Christian - You are the evidence that there is a God.

Skeptic - I am evidence that evolution is a powerful mechanism for creating biodiversity

Christian - Where then do you think you came from?

Skeptic - If you are asking how life originated, I don't know, but there are some interesting hypotheses which are being tested,

Christian - That takes an enormous amount of faith in the scientists ability to think.

Skeptic - It's not faith at all, it is the scientific method.

Christian - But when you see what is happening around the world does that not measure the value of what intelligent men are thinking.

Skeptic - What exactly are you referring to? I see mankind developing technological and social solutions to many of the problems that have plagued our race for millenia.

Christian - Is that because the most intelligent men in the world are not intelligent enought to make a difference?

Skeptic - As stated above we have made an enormous difference, I am sure you would rather be living today than 500 or even 200 years ago.

Christian - Your faith in something that has absolutely no evidence is enormous!

Skeptic - What "faith"? I do not have faith. Just because I am willing to say "I don't know" rather than filling the gaps in our knowledge with god, does not mean I believe in another form of the miraculous.

Christian - I am going to continue believing that I was created by God unless you can prove that whatever ponzi scheme the most intelligent men in the world can come up with next, is better than that.

Skeptic - You can believe in whatever fallacy you wish, I am just glad there are others that have challenged the superstitions of the ancients and have moved our knowledge forward. Good luck with your delusions, now let me get on with making a real difference.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here is a scripture from the Book of Revelation that overturns the popular opinion of the vast majority of Christians, including the Watchtower Society:

Revelation 19:19-20

And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army. 20 And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who render worship to its image.

It is the false prophet who misleads those who receive the mark of the wild beast!

But hey, Jesus Christ made it clear and straight forward in the Gospels that the false prophets would come in his name to misrepresent him.

The important thing to understand here that even an 8 year old would unerstand is that the false prophet will claim to be Christian!

Having understood that you could ask your 8 year old who will not receive the mark of the wild beast.

What factions on this planet would not listen to a true Christian Prophet let alone a False one.

The list represents the vast majority of the planets population:

Atheists

Jews

Muslims

Hindus

Sikhs

Buddhists

Keep going with all the non Christian Religions who do not care what a Christian Prophet has to say whether true or false!

Your 8 year old daughter should easily conclude that it is ONLY Christians who can possibly receive the mark of the beast.

This flies in the face of what the vast majority of Christians and also the Watchtower Society believe.

A very important conclusion that can easily be reached without even having to understand who the wild beast symbolizes!

abe

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

ablebodied - so it seems best to just not be a christian and then we can avoid all of this stuff...

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    ablebodied - so it seems best to just not be a christian and then we can avoid all of this stuff...

sosoconfused,

Then I guess your concerns about being saved above are really not valid.

Sure, you can avoid being saved!

abe

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

LOL - I think you are so missing the point.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

So why does a person not even have to understand what I posted above about the Book of Revelation if

they simple obey what Jesus Christ said in the Gospels?

Here is something he said:

Matthew 24:23-26

"Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it.

So lets imagine a situation where a group of men claim to have a "channel" of direct communication with Jesus Christ from somewhere within the

"inner chambers" of lets say .... the Brooklyn Bethel.

w81 2/15 p. 19 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?
    We should have confidence in the channel God is using. At the Brooklyn headquarters from which the Bible publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses emanate there are more mature Christian elders, both of the "remnant" and of the "other sheep," than anywhere else upon earth.

Men who claim that what they say comes directly from Jesus Christ!

w59 5/1 p. 269 Attain Completeness in the New World Society
    7 To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says.

Now if we simply obey what Jesus Christ commanded in the scripture posted above; "do not believe it", then we have no need to worry about receiving the mark of the beast mentioned in the Book of Revelation.

On the other hand, if we see a large number of people claiming to be Christian who refuse to obey Jesus Christ commandment above then the very real possibility exists that IT IS THESE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST!

This is a very profound conclusion that can be reached by reading the Book of Revelation without even having to understand the riddles and symbology.

So yes, there is stuff that even an 8 year old could understand that is hidden in amoungst what people claim to be riddles.

However, if you simply obey what Jesus Christ said in the Gospels then you don't have to worry about the Book of Revelation.

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit