Why is God speaking in riddles?

by sosoconfused 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Skeptic - I don't think there is enough evidence to believe in god

Christian - You are the evidence that there is a God.

Skeptic - How can I be evidence that there is a God?

Christian - Where then do you think you came from?

Skeptic - I have no idea, but eventually I think acredited scientists with diplomas and certificates will be smart enought to think of an answer.

Christian - That takes an enormous amount of faith in the scientists ability to think.

Skeptic - That is why I am willing to wait. Simply because I have faith that intelligent men have the knowledge and ability to figure it out.

Christian - But when you see what is happening around the world does that not measure the value of what intelligent men are thinking.

Skeptic - Of course not.

Christian - Is that because the most intelligent men in the world are not intelligent enought to make a difference?

Skeptic - Yes, but its better than believing we were created by God.

Christian - Your faith in something that has absolutely no evidence is enormous!

Skeptic - That is what I am going to believe until you can prove that I was created by God.

Christian - I am going to continue believing that I was created by God unless you can prove that whatever ponzi scheme the most intelligent men in the world can come up with next, is better than that.

Wash, rinse and repeat ad nauseum

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

So you dont think that Satan can grasp the concept of the Good Samaritan parable??? eventhough my daughter who was like 8 can understand it

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I must admit that there is not one parable in the bible that can't be understood by a 5 year old. Maybe one or two but a 10 year old could grasp those. In regards to Satan not understanding a parable in the bible... I am not sure I can buy that. So if Satan were to read some of the parables of Jesus he wouldn't understand them is what you guys are saying? sosoconfused, What I am saying is that there is evidence that Satan had absolutely no idea what the old testament riddles meant. If he did understand them then he would not have manipulated the circumstances that lead to Jesus Christs crucifixion. But he did! That Satan had read the old testament scriptures is clearly proven in the new testament. Is it safe to also assume that he has now read the new testament? Is it also safe to assume that he also does not properly understand the new testament riddles and symbology? As evidenced by his actions in the first century after having proved that he read the old testament. abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    So you dont think that Satan can grasp the concept of the Good Samaritan parable??? eventhough my daughter who was like 8 can understand it

So does your daughter who is 8 understand the riddles and symbology in the book of revelation?

abe

• Wholly
    Wholly

I don't know if you're speaking to me soso, but if you are my answer is that of course Satan can figure out the parables, but what he can't do is know the day of the wrath of the Lord. Therefore, his plan to usurp God's Throne is hindered by the mere fact that he can't know when the Lord is coming. Neither can we. Before that day, he will have deceived the entire world, including many of God's faithful. On that day, the one's who will survive (in whatever form that takes) will be the ones the Lord himself chooses. It's the end of the Rebellion.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

As far as I can remember from my childhood discussion of this same matter with others (literally when I was a child I had these questions about Satan) I was told that he has no choice but to fulfill these things because it was Jehovah's will. There is no way that he can stop these things from taking place so he plays his role. I guess that makes just as much sense as supposing that a spirit creature that is super-intelligent is not able to understand simple parables that even non-christians can understand.

The logic for the whole setup isn't there for me. What are these old testament riddles. I still am not really familiar with these riddles. The prophecies in the bible are all directly telling what will happen. The other things that we call prophecies years after these books were written seem to only be prophecies and riddles because humans say they are.

What are some of the ones you speak about

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

You asking me about revelation is what the point of this thread was at first... why would go even bother doing that to people he loves. Personally I can't be sure that the book of revelation should even be in the bible. Because it contradicts everything the previous books tell me about God. However sure she may not understand the book of revelation but that book goes beyond riddles. It seems to be that someone (John) may have been completed gone out of his mind when writting this book.

But let us say that God did tell John all these things... to this day no one understands it and no one has proof that anyone does. It would seem to me that a loving God would have no reason to hide life-saving information in the forms of crazy riddles that only a few people would understand and the rest would just have to die.

As for Satan trying to take God's throne... that isn't really supported by scripture. Isn't that more JW doctrine.

Logically why would Satan... who is far less powerful than god and who has no ability to destroy god even if everyangel attacked God all at once possibly think he could take his throne? Let's say it wasn't a physical overthrow... what does satan think the other angels will do. Vote God out???

Wouldn't it make sense to you that no one in their right mind especially an extremely intelligent angel would think that there is any possible way that he could take the throne of god??

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Jesus distinguished himself as Master Satirist by His unique ability to use this literary genre, to torment the religious establishment and advance the Kingdom of God. Even the Pharisees couldn't figure out what He was doing until the veiled indignation hidden in His allegories became apparent and they realized they were the ones being set up for public ridicule by unexpected revelations of their hidden vices, including covetousness, self-righteousness and hypocrisy.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    But let us say that God did tell John all these things... to this day no one understands it and no one has proof that anyone does. It would seem to me that a loving God would have no reason to hide life-saving information in the forms of crazy riddles that only a few people would understand and the rest would just have to die.

I am convinced that some people do understand it.

It is not anything like the popular opinion though!

If you want to "Save" your life there are no riddles involved. Let me say that again ..... NO RIDDLES!

Simply obey the things that Jesus Christ said which are completely straight forward.

The riddles and symbology in the Book of Revelation help us understand just how Satans insidious deceptions have caused Christians to disobey Jesus Christ's very straight forwardcommandments in a truly reprehensible way.

A sincere Christian does not even need to comprehend the symbology and riddles if he simply obeys the very straight forward things that Jesus Christ told us.

abe

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I was young I used to wonder quite often why the Jews didn't follow Jesus. I could only conclude that it was probably for the same reason we don't follow nutters today claiming to be the Messiah.

Jesus wasn't saying anything that hadn't already been said by the Jewish Sages and probably many others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit