You know you're getting old when...

by nonjwspouse 95 Replies latest social humour

• tinker
    tinker

@smiddy, I had a early 50's VW Bug with No fuel gage. Not a broken gage, Not part of the dash gages at all. I had a stick in the backseat to check the fuel level.

See Me, 18yr old pioneer, out in service, lifting the hood and using a stick to see if I had enough gas to continue to the next bible study. Still makes me smile. The VW part, not the bible study part.

• Heaven
    Heaven

... you played with Meccano.

MeccanoMeccano Steam Shovel Excavator

• prologos
    prologos

smiddy, tinker, Like a 30s piper cub engine, the VW air cooled 4 boxer motor gave no heat to speak of. so: in the north, near Lappland latitude, VW installed a gasoline furnace auxiliary heater as a retrofit. a great work provider.

It brought to mind a slogan from the NAZI election campaigns:

"Niemand soll hungern oder frieren"

Nobody should Hunger or Freeze -- elect Hitler for Chanceler. cirka 1930.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I also remember how it was interesting that the other side of the 45 was sometimes better than the well known marketed side!

LMAO! that is something I remember people often saying...but I'm not sure it was true...LOL

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

still thinking, I did say SOMEtimes. There were many bombs on the flip side I also remember.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well...I suppose their was a CHANCE it could be better. But it wasn't called the B side for nothing...lol

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

On a Saturday night, you say you are "going out to get some" and you mean laxative at the drugstore.

Rub a Dub

• still thinking
    still thinking

Ha Ha Lisarose...I learnt to type on one of these at school...and they were NEW. Man you had to toughen your fingers up in those days. Touch typing was not what it is now.

And we still had some that looked like this in our class...in fact typing was a lesson we went to. We learnt how to layout the page. Remember that? Margins....tabs? urghhh! And twink!

• still thinking
    still thinking

How bout one of these!!!!!

• wasblind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit