You know you're getting old when...

by nonjwspouse 95 Replies latest social humour

• stillin
    stillin

Giordano, I can relate to your "Woodstock" comment.

Like, you mean the one that was back in the 1900's?

That was, like, a century ago!

• wasblind
    wasblind

We used to collect drink bottles to buy penny candy

whenever I was given a quarter, I would mop up in candy

There was one boy in My 5th grade class who always kept

a one dollar bill on 'em

Everytime he wanted to impress a girl he'd show 'em that dollar

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Jam

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was at the first Woodstock! Some street band came over to play and grab money from everyone camped out in Central Park, waiting forever to see the first man walk on the moon. It was very dark out. My whole being wanted to run back to Jersey to the local head shop for tkts. My mom was present. She said I had to wait until the store opened up inthe morning. I never went to sleep. The store did not open until one hour after I arrived. I was so afraid others would get ahead in line. Thank God I had enough money saved. I did not consider how I would go upstate.

Woodstock was heaven and hell. I was dragged away by my parent driver b/c they feared a massive crush in the Catskills if it rained. We were so far away from the stage -- and I arrived one day early.

There can only be one Woodstock. Words are inadequate to describe how awesome it was and how dangerous. I kept running into the same 300 people who were rock fans in the NY area. We believed our sheer size would stop the war. I had no idea how many people dropped out. I saw the opening prayer, Richie Havens who strummed forever but stopped a riot, Joan Baez. Next, I was yanked with the Jefferson Airplane and the WHO, the biggest draw. I cried and screamed that the Beatles or Dylan might decide to show. Were it not for my friend, she would chance it for me but my friends parents could sue her. I replied, "What friend," wanting to ditch my friend immediately.

• jam
    jam

Do they have penny candy anymore? LOL

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't think so. I think it's 5 cent a piece now

• Giordano
    Giordano

Band on the Run all of those great performances are still being aired on youtube including the late great Richie Havens but you probably new that.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You know you're old when you get laughed at for trying to pay $20 for an ounce of weed.

W

• jam
    jam

FF. It was a nickel bag in my day, (weed). LOL, the good

old days.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Bag phone anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit