Hannibal

by mrsjones5 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've seen parts of it and was vaguely aware that it's the the precursor to Silence of the Lambs when that movie came out. My hubby has seen it a few times cuz he's a huge Michael Mann/Miami Vice fan.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hmmm...I need to check this out.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the thing about hannibal is that it is the character that is so watchable...so all the actor's takes on it are terrific..tony hopkins hamming it was still great acting, and scary....and mrs jones well worth watching all of his portrayals. brian cox was also terrific in manhunter

lot's of good shows presently with similar themes, dexter and the killing 3 amongst them

• Dagney
    Dagney

So I watched it for the first time last night. It looks good but I need to see the early episodes...I have no idea what is going on.

(maybe seeing the girl on fire is why I couldn't sleep last night. )

I didn't have much luck for previous episodes at the website. Any ideas?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Mrsjones5, have you read any of the novels by the Canadian collective who use the name Michael Slade?

"His" first work was "Headhunter" (May 1985). I think he's got about 17 titles under his belt now. Very good writing. I think you might enjoy it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm hoping the network will show reruns over the summer.

Thanks for the tip Nathan. Hadn't heard of that author before. I'll look him up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit