Hannibal

by mrsjones5 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hannibal is on my to do list Josie

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I gotta say the dude playing Dr.Lecter is making Tony Hopkins look like a rube IMO..

better that the original...

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hmmm.

Thanks for the heads up Josie!

Really enjoyed all the movies. How does the TV show compare?

om

• Londo111
    Londo111

I wouldn’t say better than Anthony Hopkins’s version…or worse. But different. And it was very smart to try an original take, rather than emulate the movie version.

Likeability is key. Hannibal is charismatic, one could easily become friends with him, and this makes him more of a compelling ‘bad guy’.

I don’t even like horror. Sometimes I have to turn my eyes away from the screen, yet I watch this. I can’t figure out why.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Really enjoyed all the movies. How does the TV show compare?

I'm not much of a critic but I'll give it a try. I liked the first movie with Anthony Hopkins the best. I saw no reason to watch the other two movies. I've read all of the books. I was not impressed by the final book. I consider Sir Anthony Hopkins to be an elegant man but Mads takes that elegance to another level. Mads has also brought certain level of sympathy to the character of Dr Lecter even though one can say what he does is evil. The script is well thought out and complicated, the sets and scenes are beautiful, the killings and murders are realistically gruesome, and the actors and acting have been awesome (love Hugh Dancy). I look forward to 10pm on Thursday nights. The series has been renewed for next season.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks Josie. I went to NBC's website and they currently don't allow download of the first episode even if you're willing to pay per view.

I don't quite get that marketing approach. Oh well, it will eventually be available on DVD or streaming I'm sure.

Looking forward to seeing you up at the Flipper Fest!

om

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ya, they don't keep the episodes up for long. I messed around and missed one episode then waited too long to watch it online and it was soon gone (one week). I'm hoping for reruns.

Tahoe is going to be great.

• Terry
    Terry

I'm a big fan of HANNIBAL.

My eldest son talked me into watching. I was ready to dismiss the very idea that you could have a TV version worth watching.

Ha ha ha on me!

Wow, was I wrong!

It took me 3 episodes to realize that Anthony Hopkins was actually hamming it up in the films. All this time I was thinking

he is a superb actor!

Well, not compared to Mads!

The writing and acting and direction and wonderfully evocative music score are way way above most cinematic standards (let alone TV.)

I would recommend you give BATES MOTEL a chance as well. It takes about 4 episodes to adjust to the idea that Norman has a strong

back story with his mother.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Alas dear Terry, I don't have cable.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Terry agreed Mads is the bomb..

Freddie Highmore is tearing in it up in Bates Motel, but all in all I get a little annoyed with it and can't quite put my finger on it .. it's the frustrastion that drives Norman nuts ..so.. I think that it supposed be ..

Mrsjones .. have you seen the origin take on Will Graham.. Manhunter.. it is directed by Michael Mann ... and the movie became Miami Vice on TV ..

William Peterson the Guy playing Will Graham went to high school in my home town Boise Idaho.. of future CSI fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcPemp1-t-Y

If you haven't seen this I highly recomend it ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit