GB (Splane) says JW parent should "force" their children

by Gayle 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

I wonder if I could get a freehands microphone like that one for my next tms assignment?

• humbled
    humbled

ADCMS-- The parallel between baptism and marriage is right on!

When I(a "cradle Catholic, baptised as an infant) wanted to end my ex-communication from the Catholic Church after a 10-breach, I found out the criteria for marriage annulments. Because, incredibly, for all shennanigans I had pulled , they nailed me for marrying a non-catholic who had been through a RC Church marriage ceremony with his Catholic ex-wife.

So I got the Church's Marriage Tribunal paperwork for my husband to consider.

One of the chief reasons they supply for an annulment is precisely what you mention in you post: that the parties who married lacked the necessary maturity or intelligence to reasonably understand the seriousness of their vows.

My husband would not fill out that paperwork nor give it to his ex-wife saying "We knew as much as anyone does when we married--" And so I would remain outside RC communion.

But I it made me think....

I returned the blank paperwork to the priest and asked him if it were not true that the Church would annul a marriage that had been contracted between two children, they being unable to grasp the seriousness of the vows.Yes, of course, he said. So I asked that the Church annul my baptism on that same basis because I was held culpable for breaking a commitment to Christ that no baby could have reasonably made. And now I UNDERSTOOD and WANTED to follow Jesus, the Church barred me from it.

Church rules. And the JWs think they are so different.

Maeve

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Splane says when he opens his one eye on saturday morning he would just love to roll over and sleep but he doesn't because you have to go out in service.

I think he is saying that the preaching work assign by the corporation is mandatory upon all. This may get him in trouble with the authorities I see legal action comming on this guy and the corporation as well.

• St George of England
    St George of England

We had a good laugh at the Day's Text last Thursday, what to do if your CHILD gets fined for breaking a traffic law:-

*** Text for 30 May 2013 ***
    A parent’s first inclination may be to shield the child from the consequences, but doing so may not always be in the child’s best interests. For example, the parent may allow the child to obtain a driver’s license. Suppose the child were to break a traffic law and receive a fine. The parent could pay the fine. However, if the child is required to work to pay off the fine, he is more likely to learn to be responsible for his actions

I can just imagine calling a 17 year old a child!

George

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Serving Jehovah = Serving Corporate interest = Abuse of child labor = Jehovah the sock puppet and corporations Taskmaster

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

humbled:So I asked that the Church annul my baptism on that same basis because I was held culpable for breaking a commitment to Christ that no baby could have reasonably made. And now I UNDERSTOOD and WANTED to follow Jesus, the Church barred me from it.

---

Thanks for sharing this interesting bit of info.

Similarly, WT views an 8 year-old child as having full capacity to make a binding, life-long decision and get baptized. But, if that same child as a 30 year old adult investigates their religion (JWs) and decides, based on maturity, life experience and logical, rational thought they can no longer be a Jehovah's Witness, the Elders will now question that person's decision-making ability and look at them as incapable of deciding to leave the Org. As a punishment for making a decision as an adult based on sound reason, the person will be disfellowhipped- that condition being permanent if they do not return.

It is absurd beyond measure.

This is precisely why WT encourages young baptism- they can now hold you hostage for the rest of your life. It is emotional blackmail- nothing more.

WT seems ignorant of the fact Jesus did not get baptized until he was 30 years old, the age when a Jewish person was considered an adult.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This is the first time that I've heard it encouraging young baptisms. I never was in favor of this because how can you make such an important life decision at this age. Jesus set the example at being over his 30's. I think that the later teens may be alright time. But, you can't get married in a JW KH unless you are baptised.

The illustration starts at 10 years old, and then skipps to 16 yrs old when the kid is legally able to work at McDonald's. Instead of making a Big Mac, your child is making McService, with McFries. Do you want to Supersize that?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Look at me! Look at me! I am on the Governing Body! I know all. Do what I say! Look at me! I am funny! Did you hear me? I am funny. Now laugh! I am telling you to laugh. Do this with your children, get results! NOW you peons.

• Dazeds Better Half
    Dazeds Better Half

Im sorry but how old was Jesus when he was baptised?? And he was raised from infancy to worship god and was his son, not to mention a perfect human being. Ridiculous!! Its all so ignorant.... Ludacris...

• Joliette
    Joliette

I cannot stand that guys voice! He sounds like an alien.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit