Another Newbie

by Skinnedsheep 66 Replies latest jw friends

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi folks! Also a newbie here, a current MS but have started doing in-depth research about WT since April 2013. Surpisingly, voluminous amount of data I have found are interesting, liberating and very mind-challenging!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome to both Skinnedsheep and ProfCNJ!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

ProfCNJ ...Hi there. I have been here for almost one year. I find it is an excellent place to understand the religion I was in, since birth. When you don't comprehend "new light", you are not allowed to ask any questions. Like a drone, a slave with no rights, you are expected to applaud and praise everything The Watch Tower Society prints, speaks and enforce. I am not a child anymore. I can think for myself, thank you.

Just Lois

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome Skinnedsheep and ProfCNJ to this enlightening forum.

I was once an elder. My wife now is an active member again.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Thanks for the welcome folks! :)

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

I am amazed at how people are just like us and are waking up to what the organization really is. Will 2014 be an exodus of sorts? My wife and I are trying to feel out our friends to see if they have doubts or are waking up. In fact I had a great conversation with a friend last weekend about whether or not the end is "imminent".

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I became disillusioned and faded out of sheer boredom. The meetings, books, magazines are just sales pitches for the organization. The purpose of all of that is to get more into the organzation. And added to that is guilt by everyone is so afraid of displeasing God. God is more concerned about a person placing a buck on a lottery ticket to where the person will be punished than about F5 tornadoes destroying towns. The GB decides what pleases or displeases God and we have to do what they say to please God.

Not to mention the people who will be mean to you because their loyalty is to the FDS not to humanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit