Another Newbie

by Skinnedsheep 66 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Love you name. Very creative and to the point.

Welcome. I was a no-one in the Truth, just a publisher. I started to figure it out when I was a teenager. I was a science and math guru, and man being only 6,000 years old and the 1914 calculation was too far out for me to buy it. I desperately wanted to go to college, and that didn't mix in the 80s. So, I hung up my publisher card and left.

Anyway, welcome to your spiritual journey. We are all on it.

Skeeter

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome, come on in, the water is fine.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Welcome skinned sheep. I was just a 10 year JW tourist that finally left in disgust. That was 11 years ago, and it seemed to me then that the org was really starting to unravel.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hi and WELCOME to all of you new ones that I have missed int he past week or 2. It's been a crazy circus here.

All of you new ones, we understand how you feel, we went thru the same thing 8 months ago. It's very traumatic to be raised a JW, I knew nothing else, only to find that you've been led to by the WTBT$. Yes, I barely survived the 1975 fiasco. I was a pre-teen at that time.

All I did was ask my family, "If Jesus is the head of the congregation, then where is he in the picture???? [ Study WT 4/13 pg 29] But because of that one little question my family all assumed that I was turning 'apostate' and started shunning me. So yep, then I started visiting the websites. So be careful of what you say or question in front of your friends & family.

Check out JWFacts it's a good one.

But take your time. It does get better with time.

Peace to all of you in your journey

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Welcome to the board!

I was a born in and was married to a MS who DA'd and disappeared (I havent' seen him in over seven years and I left the org 3 years ago after experiencing the unloving attitude of the elder body) I'm trying to fix the college thing, I didn't know about this board when I was trying my "fade" so I made some mistakes by saying too much and now I am shunned even though I was never DF'd. I would take the advise of many here to read and study more, be very careful trying to talk to family that is still "in", you don't want to put up too many red flags...just try to stay under the radar after all, armageddon is NOT comming soon- you have time!

Best of luck!

CHG

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome skinned sheep,

I have often wondered as you do, how I could know if my friends or family were having doubts or even if they just were around as I was....for appearances. It hurts to live an inauthentic life. It hurts to have people you love think you are insane or "weak" for stopping attendance at the meetings. Fortunately, there are no original scripts. The stories here mimic each other in striking fashion. I have only been inactive a little over 6 months, and i attended the most recent District Convention, just to have all my concerns and fears justified by the content of the teaching. All the while some family and friends were so happy I was there, I think it gave them false hope.

You are exceedingly fortunate to have your wife with you. Mine is half in half out.....mainly due to family and friends. We love each other and that has superceeded organizational loyalty, but it took time to get there. It can also be interesting to look at YOURSELF and take time for reflection. i mean, I used to actually teach people Jehovah wanted them to die rather than take a blood transfusion. I taught many people this. People I still know and now pioneer and have children. I brought many a person into "the truth". Now I constantly think about how I can UN-witness to them. There really though, is no way. You have to just be open to other peoples concerns, and when they express them....verify them!

I was thinking, the change regarding the FDS actually makes more sense in many ways now that the malarky that was taught before. Of course, it isn't about the teachings subject to revision is it? Its about the control. COntrol never given to men from Jesus in the bible. The concepts of "new light" that give men impugnity to be falsely teaching, and still somehow be right. There is an elder here named COBE beef. He wrote notes from one of the elders schools here. Those notes were a wake up call for me. So don't be shy about contributing. Stories and information benefit people here and mostly lurkers, in ways you can't really imagine.

Let me know if I can help you with anything brother.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi, I was an elder and came to the realistion that I had been lied to for 42 years of my life in 2009. The last talk I ever gave as an elder was the memorial in 2009, I tried to fade for a few months but was DF'd with my wife in 2011 for "apostasy". I was lucky, my wife left with which means our kids are having a normal, guilt free, happy childhood.

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

welcome

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Welcomed Skinned Sheep. As you asked , I served as a MS for a little over 6 years. Not much to add, if you have been lurking you know what to expect here. All I can say it is nice to be free!!!!!

Affectionatley: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit