Jws and urban myths!

by Julia Orwell 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

What galls me when I hear of all of these myths is the lapse in logic JW have a penchant for. There are many myths that have God providing a bag of groceries, a cheque in the mail, money in an enevelope, etc and many more about divine protection such as the burly angels behind the two old sisters, the ability of a bible (NWT of course)to absorb or deflect bullets and protection from demon posessed Cabbage Patch Kids and Smurfs. Yet this same God apparently cannot protect ones like Candace Conti from repeated, heinous and animalistic sexual assault within the so called spiritual paradise or a bus load of JW`s enroute to a convention being killed. The logical conclusion is that if all these myths were true then God would not be arbitrary when faced with other situations. Also for a group supposedly not superstitious they sure love their demon stories.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They have their own unique superstitions, all the while disparaging others' superstitions.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Isn`t it sstrange how these stories abound amongst JW`s , supposedly being protected by Jehovah ? You never seem to hear where he has apparently failed to protect his people from assaults and death. Just to name a few off the top of my head .

A fifteen year old italian witness stabbed repeatedly by her boyfreind , then doused with petrol and set alight while she was still alive.

A witness bus driver (hired) trys to drive under a bridge ( which says dont ) in L.A. the on way to an assembly crashes with at least one fatality.

In africa a witness is driving a tray truck which is not authourised to carry passengers is loaded with witnesses on the back then has an accident at a roundabout killing 20 people 5 of which are from one family on the way to an assembly.

A 10 year old girl who was studying the bible with JW`s and expressed her desire to dedicate her life to helping people learn about God and his promises was shot dead in a drive by shooting at her home . ( I think this was in south america )

Then of course you never hear about the crimes committed by practising Jehovahs Witnesses do you .........Google it.

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I just learned that a brother I used to know molested 9 children including two of his own...yeah, you never hear that kind of stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit