Jws and urban myths!

by Julia Orwell 53 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Julia, someone I trusted deeply told me she heard the local spiritualist say on a radio interview that demons were focusing all their attention on jw kids for some reason. I always believed her, then I heard it said by other people on other circumstances, then about them having a focus on different hings, then I heard evangelical Christians saying it.

My biggest Suprise is when I hear Muslims repeating jw nonsense. "You haven't seen that on the Internet have you? There are lots of ex-Muslims out there with a grudge..."

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I wonder why these different religions have the same myths?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I read an embellishment of a true story in Australia. The true part was that a bomb was planted in front of the podium, and the speaker was killed.

Years later I read that Jehovah intervened and made sure that the bomb exploded towards the speaker instead of towards the audience--thus saving many lives. Don't know what Jehovah had against the speaker.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    then there's the speaker who had lost a page in his Bible and read, "and Adam said to Eve" (turns page of Bible back and forth awkwardly) oh, I seem to have lost a leaf."

And which verse of the Bible is it that says "Adam said to Eve"??

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Aeiouy:

The Losch applied that to the decision to go to college, likening it to shooting yourself in the head. You may survive, but it's not a good idea. LOL.

Following that logic, listening to Losch speak is also like shooting yourself in the head.

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

Galaxy chocolate was a NO NO as it had blood in it!

Fairy Liquid was up liquid was a NO NO as the company who owned it were demonic!

Second hand books, clothes, jewellry was a definite invite to the demons!

How could we have been so gullible?

HOTB

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Happy..... I have an old chest of draws to sell you muhahahahahaha ..... It has a slight 'rattle'.... Muhahahahahaha no seriously the door needs adjusting.

• Fernando
    Fernando

In the late 1980's an elder went on a pilgrimage to Brooklyn Bethel (Mecca). There he spoke to one of the GB (Sanhedrin). The elder was advised that anyone under the age of 60 claiming to be one of the anointed was a fraud as further evidenced by their being mentally unstable. On returning home this elder repeated what he had learnt with all the worshipful awe he could muster.

Does that mean that the current age limit is 85?

Now where does that leave the present GB (Sanhedrin)?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Is that story true or an urban myth? It sounds true.

• gcs7000
    gcs7000

In 1974 a JW woman I knew came home after attending a DC in Hawaii telling a tale about a group of JWs who went to see entertainer Trini Lopez in concert. At one point during his performance, Lopez reportedly asked if any JWs who were present to stand and, when they stood, he began singing the American national anthem. Another JW woman I knew burned all of her Trini Lopez records after hearing this story.

In 1980, I began hearing the very same story being circulated among JWs but this time it was concerning John Denver. I was in a car group with a CO (the late Joe Bellezza) who had served in Colorado and who had met John Denver through JWs who were employed by him. When someone in the car related the story about Denver, the CO became enraged and practically yelled, "You have just slandered a good man who admires JWs and prefers to employ them when possible!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit