Jws and urban myths!

by Julia Orwell 53 Replies latest jw friends

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Ear tickling at it's finest!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah right like any woman would react like that! Even years later she'd scream.

Here's a good one: a sister moves into a house and all this crazy demonic stuff starts happening. She gets the elders over to help her figure put what is causing it and they go through all her stuff and find nothing compromising. Then, they find etched into one of the wooden floor boards in some corner a little tiny image of Buddha.

Like smiddy said, JWs seem to be more prone to Satan scare than others. I put that down to just about every talk and most publications stressing how satan is around every corner and in everyone who disagrees with the 'truth'.

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

I had heard the first story about the serial killer being visited by a couple sisters before...wow didn't know the Mormons had their own version. I wonder who invented it?

I've heard similar versions to some of the other urban myths on here

EDIT: woww LOL @ Buddha conjuring up demons, I'd never heard that one before

• Gopher
    Gopher

Nobody mentioned "Smurfs" yet. They're demonized, and one time they jumped up and ran out of a Kingdom Hall.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I heard that alluded to on another's site. What's the whole story, if anyone knows it?

• Gopher
  • Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Wow that's priceless! Thanks for the link.

• stillin
    stillin

I always liked how some of those stories were actually IN the congregation where the person telling it was.

For instance, the WT conductor calling on Sister Paine...in the rear.

then there's the speaker who had lost a page in his Bible and read, "and Adam said to Eve" (turns page of Bible back and forth awkwardly) oh, I seem to have lost a leaf."

There are more but I haven't the time to purge right now

• hoser
    hoser

Johnny Carson show asking John Denver to leave

Jeopardy question saying that the new world translation is the most accurate

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Garage sales. Second hand demonic items bought by accident. After this happens all kinds of strange things get misplaced, etc... until the offending item is removed and everybody masturbates in relief.

Jesus F'in Christ! I spilled coffee everywhere! Bravo I say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit