I'm New... and I'm running...

by running_away 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Your wife on board with your transformation?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome and great to have you here. Tread lightly at first with your wife (if she isn't on board with you already) or you may have a real mess on your hands

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

running-Welcome, thanks for running here and posting your experience.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. Hard finding out, isnt it? We're all here for you while you're running....

Loz x

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome running_away, Does your wife still believe in the WTBTS? If your wife has not discovered "TATT", you might want to crawl first before running away. Read and learn as much as you can to help yourself to critically think for yourself, make your plans, and then implement your plans. Best of wishes in successfully fading with your family.

If you like to read, have you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Beliefs"), visited his website www.freedomofmind.com, and or watched his videos? I really liked watching Steve Hassan's video "Steve Hassan explains SIA method to rescue loved ones from unhealthy situations (2003)" because it helped me to understand his methods. Also, you wife will not become as suspicious of you spending 1:30 hours watching a video instead of reading Steve Hassan's books.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• sspo
    sspo

Oh yes God killing billions of people because they don't know a thing about jesus or the watchtower...what a loving God!!!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Running_Away, Welcome from The North Pacific to you and your family. We are happy to have you with us.

Just Lois

• *lost*
    *lost*

welcome and good luck

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was born-in. How can birthday cake and toys ever be evil? The same is true for a Christmas tree and toys sitting under the tree. I loved singing Christmas carols in school. It was before the school prayer decision.

The saddest part of being a JW was when I saw my second grade sister run to hide a pilgrim she made for Thanksgiving when the overseer stopped by without an appointment. She was so young, yet she knew.

Even sadder, I was practicing law and she was a teenager. We had a lovely Christmas tree out for the season. She called me in a panic b/c my aunt wanted to come over to use our bathroom. I freaked. She had express directions to grab a sheet, wrap it around the tree, and throw it off the fire escape, once she made certain no one was underneath it........The probability of love withdrawn......

Sometimes these vignettes tell more than learned arguments. Between Armageddon and nuclear holocaust, growing up was fun.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Welcome, Out of the mouth of Babes Gma-tired2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit