I'm New... and I'm running...

by running_away 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

A warm welcome to you .

I was bornin 50 yrs ago . Then I did the research at sites like www.JWfacts.com

and it all became clear .

Its a CULT .

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Running Away. Your children will thank you when they are adults and I hope your wife is running with you.

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and welcome and keep running..........

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome. I hope you and your family success in getting out. Totally ADD

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Welcome! Best of luck.

That one always bothered me too. (Referenced on another thread). I will say again... imagine this business card:

Jehovah: Baby Killer

Thank you for making the world a little bit better of a place for not teaching your children that crap!

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Welcome. When you start thinking about all the dire apocalyptic stuff that the WTS has been spewing now for 100+ years and put it in real world terms, it all starts to break down and seem ridiculous, and a sick thing to look forward to.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Good for you -- get your wife and those kids out of that awful religion asap

• running_away
    running_away

Hello All!

Thank you for your welcome! It was very nice.

Let me try to answer..

okage: If I can ask, did you read any specific books or articles that can be used by those who frequent this site but have yet to make an appearance?

Yes, the proclaimers book. All that any JW needs to read to awake is the proclaimers book. Also, I was reading the bible and really really, the JW are more like the pharisees. The problem with the average JW (all we included) is that we don't read very much, and when we do it, we never think in what we are reading. I was fully awake even before the first lines of my first apostate book.

schmelder: the image that stuck with me is the body of a 4 years old kid still with a little chocolate cake in the mouth... and David in the distance, talking about how great is god because he forgive him because inmorality and murder and whatever he does...

Cofty: Thank you! A coffee one of these days?

ding: That was my first book. I read it in 3 or 4 days. I was readed his wikipedia page, and was a little curious of what he have to say, and how. My first impression was that the redaction is the same (wording) that a Watchtower magazine. Nobody else notice it?

After I finished, I read each and every single link of jwfacts. And then went to confirm some of the fonts, do my own math in the stats, research the net looking for mistakes of the site... Paul, you make a really nice job. A big thank you to you.

Happytobefree: Kids are not indoctrinated, that why they are clever than us (I feel like an old man). I will thank my boy forever. And yes, I remember the exact place where my kid ask me... I almost crash the car!

• running_away
    running_away

quick information:

My wife is still sleeping. The sleeping beauty. We are "still in" because we are too close of both family, and in the first time my wife didn't react very well. So, I am waiting to first: moving away from family and everything, and then wake her up as gently as I can.

She is very smart, but also very emotional... and the Wt always has the perfect excuse! She spot several problems, but she thinks that the problems is not the religion, but the people in this country.

And that's why I'm running... to be free I have to start in other place, without family or friends pressure. So, let's move to another country!

Yes... you will hear a scream of help from me later...

So yes... sadly still in but awake for 5 years.

I'm running... and I will need help!

• jgnat
    jgnat

There are newbie mistakes to avoid that can literally save you years of effort, when it comes to waking up a loved-one. Since you enjoy reading, I strongly suggest you get one of Steve Hassan's books and learn to spot the difference between the cult personality and the natural personality. I have become so adept at this I can switch a Jehovah's Witness in to their natural personality with a sentence or two.

Your job will be to allow the natural personality to shine forth as often as possible, while keeping the cult personality calm. You do not want her to think that you are influenced by Satan, and no longer listening to you?

Don't talk about doctrines this or that, and don't approach her directly with your doubts. Take a hint from your smart children and ask open-ended questions that demand more than a yes or no response. You might use another cult as an example (Amish, Mormons), so she is not threatened.

That's enough for now. I would love to see you escape with your whole family with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit