Why elders' wives are such gossipers...

by Calebs Airplane 53 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Knowledge is power. Some people with knowledge others don't have love to flaunt their "insider" status. It's a power trip.

My elder father had strict rules about the privacy of his meeting bag, desk, and any phone calls he received. If we answered the phone we weren't allowed to ask who was calling. I got used to that, so when I got married and my husband became an elder I didn't ask or snoop. If I came across confidential info accidentally I kept it to myself out of loyalty to Jehovah. I was waaaaay serious.

All the same, in later years my father loved to come out of his study and drop a few hints that he knew something we didn't know - something BIG.

Can you hear my eyeballs rolling?

• hoser
    hoser

CC

Knowledge is power. Some people with knowledge others don't have love to flaunt their "insider" status. It's a power trip.

but sites like this one take it all away because in the internet age knowledge is free

• hoser
    hoser

CC

but sites like this one take it all away because in the internet age knowledge is free

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

As a former elder.....I can tell you that elders....and their wives......are by far, the worst gossips/slanderers in any congregation.

If the publishers knew ..... they would never go to an elder again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit