It hit the fan

by truthseeker1 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• LB
    LB

If you go by watchtower publications you'll get dizzy. I borrowed this from Venice.

Notice how the fates of those who died in Sodom changed 8 times.

WT 7/1879 p.8------The men of Sodom will be resurrected.

WT 6/1/52 p 338 ---The men of Sodom will not be resurrected.

WT 8/1/65 p.479---- The men of Sodom will be resurrected.

WT 6/1/88 p.31 ---- The men of Sodom will not be resurrected.

Live Forever Book

Early editions p.179- The men of Sodom will be resurrected.

Live Forever Book

Later editions p.179- The men of Sodom will not be resurrected.

Insight, Vol2 p. 895- The men of Sodom will be resurrected.

Revelation p.273---- The men of Sodom will not be resurrected.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Everyone's comments on this thread are great. The article on the "Catholic Church - No Meat on Fridays" was classic anti-Catholic propaganda. It was a great illustration, JT. And dead on too!

One point I would like to make though is that the "No meat on Fridays" rule was never a "dogma". It was a "discipline". In the Catholic Church dogmas can never be discarded. But disciplines can be adjusted according to the times. But the way the Watchtower presents it is so far from reality. It really is propaganda at its best. Geared toward making uninformed people lean in a certain direction, acting like they have done the research and are to be trusted, trying to manipulate the emotions, bring out anger, etc.

The main reason why I knew FOR SURE that God doesn't and never has backed the Watchtower is because they LIE. PURE UNADULTERATED DECEITFUL CUNNING. Once they got caught in the first lie - the Trinity brochure - that was it. Why should I believe in anything further?

So when people like YoYoMama post or write things which are geared toward the emotions, and they send e-mails full of cut and paste from the Insight on the Scriptures, then you can just say to yourself, "Consider the Source." That's why credibility is so important. That is why non-believers like my mom who come here and read trip out on people like YoYo and YouKnow. Because they know the Watchtower lies but they continue to use their literature as if it were some sort of authority. It's rediculous. It's like taking Clinton's word for it that he didn't have sex with Monica.

God is credible. The Watchtower is not credible. BOTTOM LINE

Maybe someone like AlanF doesn't have all the answers to *your* life. Maybe it's up to YOU to find your own answers. But how can you find any answers when you stop the search? How can you again believe in something that you have already seen is full of lies? And if they have "more truth" than any other religion, then why are they afraid of their followers reading any literature from any other religion? If no other religious beliefs make any sense, then who cares? Let the person conduct a search. If you know the logical answers point in your direction, then what is there to fear?

Lastly, if I were in your shoes, I would ask myself what my goal in life is. There are the movers and the shakers and then there are the ones that just lie down and play dead. If truth means something to you -- anything at all -- then GO FOR IT. If truth is not that important and all you want is to lie dead and pretend you don't know what you know, then that's your choice.

Either way, you will find people here and on other boards who will be there when you decide you can't live with yourself. I think the best thing that can happen to someone like YoYo is that he gets reinstated and moves all the way up to elder. That he lives up to all the pressure and pioneers for 20 years, goes to Bethel or to where "the need is great" and really give his WHOLE SOUL to the organization. Anyone who can see the lies and yet continue deserves nothing more and nothing less than to live it to the fullest potential.

Now all you have to do is decide who you are.

• JT
    JT

Too cool-"No meat on Fridays" rule was never a "dogma". It was a "discipline".

&&&&&&&

now you got to love a religion like that - have on the books a rule that can get you sent to Hell forever and don't even have to call it a "Dogma"

sorta like ENRON bookeeeping

THEY CALLED A LOSE A PROFIT

SMILE

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

>>": He then asked me is there any other religion or belief that is more accurate. I have studied most of them and I feel that the Witnesses have more truth than others."

This was thrown at me also. I have done searches on the internet and I have found other people (some that are/are not an organized religion) that have a grasp of what the scriptures say. They try to examine the scriptures for the most accurate way to apply it in their lives. They even feel that JW's are wrong for their use of the Divine Name. Do THEY have the truth? Not for me to say, but there are others out there that try to teach what the scriptures say with honesty and sincerity. Do a search on the name YAHWEH and you will find some interesting things.

Of course, in the end, it's all subject to interpretation. To be a JW you HAVE to believe that Jehovah is using the GB as His channel to direct mankind. That's the problem for me. After reading the history of the organization and comparing it to other organizations, i.e. Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, Church of Scientology, etc. I realized that Charles Russell thought God was using him just like Mary Baker Eddy, Joseph Smith, L.R. Hubbard and many, many others thought. They each interpreted the scriptures in their own unique manner, setting themselves up as God's channel. And each uses scare tactics similar to JW's for those that want to leave. If you ever look at ex-Mormon sites, you will see almost the same thoughts as ex-JW's. That is what really opened my eyes to the truth about "the truth."

Have a great day!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wow!

You pointed out some very good facts (not opinions) Bill (silent lambs) and I would like to see truthseeker1's comments.

I'm waiting.

hawk

• COMF
    COMF

Hi, truthseeker1!

In Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, quite often someone will speak to say that they are having doubts about whether they really are an alcoholic or not. Typically they explain that they have had a lot of problems and have been drinking as a means of easing the burden of that. They had huge screaming fights with family members and the family has broken up, and they have gotten a couple of DWI's and are paying out big bucks and are on probation... but they're not sure they're an alcoholic. Maybe they could control their drinking. Maybe they could just have a little bit and then quit...

The advice given to such ones is usually, "If you're not sure, then you need to go back and do some more research."

Go back, if you think it's the truth. No sense wavering.

COMF

• jaded
    jaded

Just one little comment...How many times have we all heard this illustration? If there was just a little poisen added to a glass of water would we drink it? If you don't agree with some of the WTS teachings are you still going to drink the water? Something to think about...

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Jaded that was great, I've heard that so many times and now only to throw it back at them.

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• Dawn
    Dawn

Truthseeker:

Here's my little coin of advice.

John 16:23-24 Jesus says you can ask for anything in his name and it will be given to you.

Pray and ask that he open your eyes to the truth and that he make the truth plain to you. Then do your research - with an open mind.

Jesus will make the answer clear to you. This is a decision you will need to make on your own - and it is an important one so be sure to do your research.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

What a wonderful answer Dawn!

Penn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit