missing the JWD glory days

by fresh prince of ohio 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I was an intermitent curious lurker over the years, until I decided to come out and play earlier this year. Therefore, I don't recall much of the "old days". I do enjoy going back and reading threads where Leolaia has posted on. Having had my education on subjects related with History and Human Sciences, her historian approach to the subjects appeals much to me (not to mention I like her avatar...mmm :P). I also appreciate much the resourceful Blondie when it comes to research within the archives of the WTS.

I do notice a trend lately that people with an open belief in God are immediatly confronted - even bashed -about that very basic belief - as if everything they could argue becomes inherently devalued because of that original "flaw". I'm not complaining about it; But it's a fair observation. That is a trait of intolerance. Curious, heh?

In any case, I really like it here. Frank and open discussion never hurts.

Eden

• *lost*
    *lost*

eden

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    and JWD which was the largest and often the target of "board wars"

Almost all of that had to do with people being bitter over disputes about JWD moderation and people being deleted, too.

The believer bashing has calmed backed down to normal. For newer people, they may not understand that people used to be able to mention belief in any kind of supernatural power or thing without being jumped and uber questioned by 3-10 or 15 people for 45 pages. Thanks to good moderation, the trouble makers on both sides have calmed down. It's okay to disagree and people still do, it's just not a major battle going on now, from day to day.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

People come and go, this is a great transition spot for many people; then they move on. So, if the current batch of people do not seen interesting, stick around and another will pass through shortly.

The scene of the world (and JWD) is changing. Just another proof that we are so very close to the end.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I made some of my best friends on here during that time!!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I know a lot of people miss big posters or personalities. or just big debaters, but I miss mostly the people I've met, All the UKers from the naughties era, Englishman BBQ's anyone/? Sleeping on Trucker GB's sofa. Getting picked up in manchester for a beer fest and some good friends I thought would be there forever, but alas, some of our aposfests wre like passing ships in the night. And Vallis of course, and little toe, and numerous others.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I wont do a roll call of old UKers but I know some of you are still here, Dmouse?, Gaadget, and others., even Angharad. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit