missing the JWD glory days

by fresh prince of ohio 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Don't get me wrong, this forum currently has plenty of interesting discussions and posters, but, for those of you who weren't on the old JWD board in the early-to-mid-00s, man...I'm sorry but you really missed out on the glory years of this forum. It was really a special, unique place then. Again, not dissing the current, but, that huge exciting wave of ex-JW internet activity that occurred in the early part of this century seems to have leveled off. I guess it's just a natural progression, but, I miss it.

If you weren't here then, go back a few years on the active topics, to around 2002-2005. So, so, so many interesting posts and posters. Lots of really intelligent and articulate people on here back then.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is true. It's just the numpties like me who stuck around.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

ah, i don't think you're a numptie for sticking around. I wish that more had.

• ranmac
    ranmac

What the shit are you talkin bout? Us newer posters are totes artickulit!

• Simon
    Simon

It's always been the way that there are periods of less intensity between major eruptions.

Who knows when the next 'revelations' and big WTS issues will happen?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The worst part of this board is that when one's browser crashes, messages being written are lost. This means if you really can't afford to lose something, you have to write it on an editor and paste it. There's also no spell check and no personal message inidcator. The software is buggier than a Boy Scout camping bag and the reply function is completely featureless. With all the free forum software, this is one of the worst. Still, it would take a lot of work to integrate the messages into a new software package.

Did I mention there's no spelling check?

• 5go
    5go

Glory Days?

I have seen people come and go (heck I have) but really there wasn't any glory day.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Simon started a thread today in which he says he's planning to install a pm notification feature soon. And I think I remember his posting a month or two ago that he's working on an upgrade of the entire site.

Patience, Grasshopper.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

5go: " I have seen people come and go (heck I have) but really there wasn't any glory day. "

Check out the archives and "The Best Of" section located on the home page. There were some mighty battles fought between the exdubs and dubs. Better minds than mine have made the WTS and dubs look like idiots using the WTS's own publications and simple logic.

When I first came to this site in '06 (I think), I spent hours going through the early years (2000 to 2005). It's worth the trouble.

• talesin
    talesin

I think the board has grown and changed, and we have some awesome posters now, just as back then. The only thing I really miss is the excellent debating. Nowadays, it's mostly cut-and-paste, and shouting matches. But, it's true that these things will cycle in any group.

It would be kinda fun to start up Friday night parties again, for those of us who are 'home alone'. :P

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit