missing the JWD glory days

by fresh prince of ohio 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Lisavegas I think it's the posters that I miss, just in general. I wonder where they've all gone.

JT

Narkissos

AlanF

Seven006

Focus

onacruse

HillaryStep

Elsewhere

Valis

Robdar

Abaddon

Mac

D8TA

Big Tex

gumby

many, many others that have come and gone...*sniff* i'm getting all sentimental. I was such a complete hot disastrous mess when I came out of JWs in '02. This board helped me so much.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember back in those days people posting that JWD was nothing like H20....

• free @ last
    free @ last

What is H2O? Silly question I know it should probably be clear.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Blondie, yes, I had forgotten about that. There was a lot of talk back in those days about H20.

free@last, h20 was a JW/ex-JW discussion board that was THE PLACE until JWD came along. I guess there was a sort of migration from that forum to this one. Can't tell you much more as I came along after H20's glory days lol.

unclebruce, another legendary poster from the old days. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/6615/posted/1

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Can't tell you much more as I came along after H20's glory days lol.

I can. I was the second one ( after Uncle Bruce) who made the announcement I was leaving H20 for JWD. That was in early 2001.

I can also tell you who else left H20 almost immediately after that: everyone. We all came in with our guns blazing and our mouths flapping. There was quite a bit of resentment due to our arrival because we had the nerve to actually discuss and debate serious JW issues and kept "fluff" comments to a bare minimum. The regulars at that time said we "disrupted their quite little 'coffee shop' atmosphere."

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel, always good to see you reappear!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Farkel: " The regulars at that time said we 'disrupted their quite little 'coffee shop' atmosphere.' "

"Disrupted"? You H20 guys were more like a hand grenade thrown into a coffee shop.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

But it was great - Farkel, Gumby, Maximus, AlanF, Narkissos, Leolaia, Blondie, Robdar, Amazing1914. All those posters made/make me think.

Going back & reading the best of threads Lady Lee put together would be eye opening for a newbie.

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe "we" change but don't realize it?

I know personally when you are first leaving you tend to be a lot more interested in proving things to yourself and getting information. That then morphs into more mainstream discussions and chat over time.

But the thing is, there are always new people who are at the point we used to be and need those answers.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, once you know all this ex-jw stuff, there's no going back, it's like, it's like taking the "blue pill". Hold on, dang - , was it the red one, I can't remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit