Maybe we are evil

by joelbear 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

hhmm Morally...let me look that word up in my dictionary ...aaahhh yes..interesting concept...

It just continues to boggle my mind at how many "smart" people were/are/and continue to be blinded by the JW belief system. But as Megadude brought out a lot were raised this way and it is difficult to question these things when you are a child...later as an adult..well it is just a way of life! You have family in it...married into it...raised YOUR own kids this way...hard to break out of the cycle.

Others who came in as adults tend to have been hit by the JW's at a low point in their lives.

lol sorry Joel I am taking your thread off track.....

course that could be because I am EVIL

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Most of us if not all of us have been 'mislead.' To remain in this mislead state after being informed, is being stupid.

Guest 77

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

If we knowingly and consciously continued with the witnesses after having learned the truth about them that would be evil. If we continued to tell people at their doors that they would be saved at Armegeddon and live in a paradise earth if they became witnesses, that IMHO, would be considered an evil act.

However, while we were innocent of the workings of the WT and acted according to their theology we could not be considered evil.

• teejay
    teejay

At the end of CBS’ Face the Nation, host Bob Schieffer recalled the words of Voltaire who said that evil is eternal. Challenged with, “then... why fight it?” by his critics, he likened evil to weeds in a garden.

“It would make little sense to allow the weeds to take over the garden. If weeds aren’t continually pulled, there would be no garden. We must continually tend the garden.”

• Francois
    Francois

I think I'm more evil than you guys are. Let me tell you why.

I was born into the Borg. I made no choice to join. But I used it from an early age to achieve other of my designs.

When I was very young, meetings were on Friday night. I used the meetings to get rides up to my grandfather's house in the country. My grandmother was there and I went back to my grandfather's farm with her for the weekend, and rode the bus home. I didn't really give a shit about the meetings.

Later, after the hormones hit my bloodstream and were zooming around in there at the speed of light, I stuck one of my feet out of the Borg, and it stayed out. When I was on my worldly foot, I was screwing around like a mink (till I learned the JW girls were easy).

When I hit 18, there was this girl up in Tennessee where my uncle was overseer (no elder arrangement yet). I wanted to date her and her father - being ex-Navy - wouldn't allow it because I wasn't baptised. I know, I know, but I did it anyway. She wasn't easy.

Then I became a top 40 disc jockey, and along came the groupies, and well. I was too busy to go to meetings, what with my announcing schedule, and college, and all. Not to mention taking care of the groupies. But I kept that JW foot in the Hall. Put on a good face.

Then I moved in with my uncle, the overseer, and went to college at ETSU. Had to go to meetings regular like, out in service, to assemblies (where I discovered how easy witness girls really are). One foot in, one foot out. After a year of that, I moved over to the campus in Johnson City, TN from Kingsport, and dropped all pretense about being a JW. Pi Kappa Phi, Tapta Kegga Beer, I Felta Thigh, you know.

Then a year or so after graduation, back in Savannah, going to meetings - but not service. I was public info officer at a two year college. Coeds. Photographic darkrooms on campus. More pussy than I could count. One foot in, one foot out. Wanted to maintain the family relationships, dontcha know.

Then I grew a beard. A beard!! I'd been screwing my ass off for the previous ten years (of course they didn't know it), and they get all hot and sweaty about a beard. I wasn't going to budge on the beard. After all, I learned how to think for myself in college and also working as a professional broadcaster. I wasn't about to allow a buncha apartment cleaners with a 9th grade education put some intellectual hammer lock on MY young ass. So I told 'em finally to go piss up a rope.

But you see, I kept one foot in, keeping up appearences and one foot out, going to college, acting in the drama group, working in an "immoral" job, all the while punching everything that was even vaguely female.

That's why I say I'm more evil than you guys. I got into it because I was drug into it. But I used it for my own ends - one in particular. I hate to admit it, but I have to say it was also hypocritical, even if I was that way so as to maintain family connections. Some where along the way I discovered that if they associated with me only for the reason I was a "JW" and would quit if I wasn't, struck me like, "who needs that"? So when the beard issue came up, I decided to go for honest finally. And it was that honesty that finally did it. I wasn't going to give and neither were they. So we parted company.

Sorry about the length of this. I am a writer after all. Can't seem to shut it off. But all this is why I say I'm more evil than you.

Francois

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

According to some people's definition I am evil for submitting a post to this board. My wife says I am evil but she has too much savvy to tell the elders and bring all that trouble on us.

It is a funny thing ,though, when you are in the Borg, you cannot see just how evil the doctrine of Armageddon really is. May be it is so sanitized - we spoke of "destruction " of the unbelievers - not their slaughter, and it just never enters peoples heads to criticize the leadership, and they so cleverly confuse faith in God with faith in the WT.

It takes a jolt to make one sit up and think, otherwise you just go on looking forward to your new home "under a vine and fig tree" and trusting blindly in "Jehovah's way of doing things"

Individual dubs are certainly not evil, most are good people - just blinded

• LB
    LB
    I think I'm more evil than you guys are.

Francois I'm not sure you are more evil. More horny maybe? So tell me, after all this sex with easy witness girls, are you done being horny?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Come on Joel. I'm not evil. I am just dumber than a box of rocks.

Come on, LB, I wouldn't say any of us are dumb. We can all fall prey to promises of something better tomorrow. How do you think con-men accomplish their dirty little games?

If we were dumb, we would still be sticking to the Watchtower, yet seeing the fallacy of their existence.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• SYN
    SYN

JoelBear: Evil is relative. Some things that might seem evil now won't seem so evil in a century, and vice versa. All of this depends on your definition of evil.

Going by what seems to be the consensual definition of 'evil' in this thread, I personally think that there are definitely a very small number of people in the BORG who are 110% evil. I've met a couple of them myself, truth be known.

Most, however, are just misguided or are still in there for familial tie reasons and so forth.

The WTBTS-meme itself is not evil either - it's about as evil as any other virus. Remember, it's just a life-form that it trying to stay alive, like all other life-forms. It's methods, and the horrific damage it does to most of it's host lifeforms, however, could well be classified as 'evil', if the definition of 'evil' was limited to the injury of human beings.

But I digress....

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• Francois
    Francois

LB

I was hornier that a west Texas horney toad until I was 53. Then I fell out of that gd tree and broke myself up into so many pieces, was put back together with just under $10,000 worth of titanium, and I'm on a permanent maintenance dose of narcotic daily to keep the pain under control. All that has had a, um, dampering effect on the hornies.

Actually, I'm just as glad not to be jerked around by my hormones any more. But it was a good run while it lasted. And lots of fun, too.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit