Maybe we are evil

by joelbear 43 Replies latest jw friends

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i became involved with the jws, because i was idealistic....

was that evil....????

i wanted to help make a better world...

the biblical msg seemed like a good short-cut!!!

so! i guess that places me in the 'dumb'category!!!!!!

i do not mind their having 'rules', and i really (now) do not care about being dfed. that was a short sharp kick in the head that woke me up -- which is what dfing is supposed to do...but, it woke me up in a way they did not intend.... i had no place in their 'dream-world' anyway!!!

neither have you joelbear!!!!!!!!

what i think we are seeing happening is (as they are becoming increasingly institutionalised), they are letting the 'tough' guys become the jailers...

these guys do not have many feelings and have a certain enjoyment of power, and they are ignorant, in the sense of being uneducated.

ted jarasz would fall into that category.

when i was first in the truth - i wanted to discuss my homosexual feelings with someone... (well! no-one could have helped anyway),

my group study (ken frame - a really nice guy) was working in bethel and when he saw i was being troubled about something (he did not know what)****, suggested i come to bethel and talk to jarasc, who was branch servant, (the title in those days).. (in those days everyone was much more on a personal level - only about 12 congregations in sydney)

so i did... but i was also a dam shy kid (i was only 17) and i got veri nervous and ashamed and he lost patience and let it be seen... so i confessed to masturbation -- and got the usual (little) lecture on praying and service...and then the big lecture on not wasting the time of important brothers, and should talk to the cong. servant first etc...etc...etc...

i should have seen the writing on the wall then.... but like i've said -- i was a dumb kid.

if jarasc is the most influential person in the gb at present...well, what we see is a reflection of his personality...

so joelbear -- where is the evil?????????

**** and please remember, in those far off days, the only mention of 'homosexual' was an occasional item in the newspaper of someones arrest in a public toilet for trying it on an undercover cop...

now there is something that is really evil, joelbear!!!

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I remember my mom's excuse for why someone as immature and unloving as her mother could still be better than someone who wasn't a witness. She said it was due to the scripture about god taking all the foolish ones of the earth as his people. She liked to quote the scripture, but I'm too tired right now to look it up. Basically it was to show those that think they're "intelligent" that they should be more like the foolish, childish ones. That would describe my grandmother, selfish, immature, foolish woman that she was.

I hated when she'd say that god only takes the foolish things of the earth. Just one of those numerous "upbuilding" truths that we had shoved down our throat day after day after day...

So Joel, we weren't evil, we were just dumb and foolish.

Anne

"It is only in pain that a woman is able to rise above mediocrity." Colette

edited because I didn't make sense the other way.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

joel, what about all the people born into that didn't have a choice?

are you saying jehovah's witnesses are evil? that's quite a staement! i know many jws who are decent, caring people.. they just belive in an idiotic religion !

even after everything
    you're the queen and i'm the king
    nothing else means anything

• joelbear
    joelbear

Francois,

Couldn't they put 6 inches of titanium where it would really do you some good :) Sorry to hear you're in pain.

Mango,

I never said anybody was evil, i was just askin

hugs

Joel

• new boy
    new boy

THERE IS NO EVIL.

THAT IS SOMETHING RELIGION HAS CREATED. SO THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE A JOB. WITHOUT EVIL THERE OUT OF WORK!

GOD DEFINITLY DIDN'T CREATE IT, TO GIVE HIM/HER A JOB, THAT OF FIGHTING EVIL.

THERE IS ONLY CAUSE AND EFFECT!---------KARMA

THERE IS NO ONE EVIL HERE! OR ANY WHERE FOR THAT FACT.

• COMF
    COMF

I joined the Watchtower Society because I was evil. Here's what I told them when I decided to get baptized.

- http://home.attbi.com/~fredsaw/Files/Kill.mp3

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't believe in evil. I believe that bad actions and beliefs that end up hurting a lot of people are mostly a result of reactions to insecurity and plain bad decisions. These are often done during times of wierd fads passing through society. In francois' case, purely hormones and a high energy level, together w creativity led him to an abundance of coochie, lucky guy; all those memories.

99% percent of the people on earth are like children, just bumbling along, doing their best in a sea of frenetic forces pushing and pulling them in mutliple directions. Serously, we are more to be pitied than judged as evil. I know you aren't judging joel, only asking. Good thread.

SS

• butalbee
    butalbee

Look at this happy, go lucky smiley face w/ his tongue hanging out, he's drowling, and having a great time, is he evil????

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Being intrinsically evil is the same [IMO] crock of shit as "original sin".

As for me, nope, not evil, nor "born in sin", just one who was hood-winked by a cult. And cults can catch ANYBODY in their clutches.

• TR
    TR

Joel,

Maybe I missed something, but I take it your path is NOT leading you back to the WTS?

TR

AWWWWW, CRAP!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit