joelbear

A path a path

Now bring us a shrubbery.

send money

love

Joel

• heathen
    heathen

I think that the evil you are talking about is you felt like you were being manipulated and being taught to manipulate other.IMO all religions attempt to manipulate followers in one way or another.I also feel that greater evil has abounded do to power and greed than any other cause.

• joelbear
    joelbear

No, there are a number of posters who continuously say that Jehovah's Witnesses are evil. Therefore if we were witnesses we were evil, we were at the very least attracted to something that was evil.

Did we expunge ourselves of this evil desire or do we still harbor it.

Maybe we are evil because we wanted what the witnesses want, maybe we still do.

Joel

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Poison can be sugarcoated and you don't know it's poison. The same with evil.

I wanted the Watchtower's explanations to be true. I enjoyed my stint in the Watchtower until somebody helped me become aware that it was a lie and it was evil.

When I realized that promoting the aims of the Watchtower was hurting people, I stopped. So I wasn't evil. Nor was I ever attracted to anything in the JWs except serving God with like minded people.

Joel, I know you enjoy good films. I recommend "American History X" and "Malcolm X." They touch on the very subject you posted. Both films are about men who thought they were doing right being involved in an "organization" and had their eyes opened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit