Maybe we are evil

by joelbear 43 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

The question keeps coming up here.

How could we have ever been a part of something so evil and sinister as the Watchtower Society?

Maybe its because we are evil.

Joel

• LB
    LB

Come on Joel. I'm not evil. I am just dumber than a box of rocks.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• joelbear
    joelbear

Can we be that dumb and not be evil?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Sorry, can't subscribe to that.

We were sincere in our beliefs, I'm sure, just as most Dubs right now are honest people who believe that they are really serving God.

They're mistaken, of course, but certainly not evil.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• sleepy
    sleepy

Come on you must be kidding.

Damn! Were's the ketchup to put on my boiled children cooking in my pot.

• Xena
    Xena

If I am evil I am sure it is just coincidental that I was a JW too!!!

I agree with ozziepost, most JW's are sincere people led astray.

• joelbear
    joelbear

most JW's are sincere people led astray

Then is it not the beliefs that are evil and not the people? And can we not apply this to all JW's or at least to the same percentage as in the general population?

Joel

• Amazing
    Amazing

The underlying premise of the JWs is not evil. There is nothing wrong with the religious fantasy of a beautiful paradise earth where all live in love and harmony.

The means the leadership use to achieve their control is evil. They have taken paradise and twisted the path to it into something evil.

I suppose we could become evil, if after learning that the Truth is a lie, we continued to support it for selfish purposes.

• Scully
    Scully

We trusted a group that claimed to have The Truthâ„¢.

We have come to know that we were lied to by this group, so we left. We could not, in good conscience, continue to support a group that deliberately teaches lies. That's not evil. Au contraire, it's good!

What would be evil, however, is finding out that the group and its teachings are all lies and still continuing to give it our full support. That's evil. That's hypocrisy.

Love, Scully

• joelbear
    joelbear

Maybe we believed it was the truth because we were evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit