Drinking at meetings / assemblies / conventions ... who's done it?

by HarryMac 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigmac
    bigmac

i recall a big assembly at--murrayfield--??--Edinburgh--scotland--in the mid 60's--i was a teenager. several of us lads camping at a recreation ground or some such. we spent very little time at the ass--sembly---mostly long beer sessions for lunch.

there is a main railway track running through a deep cutting in a park in the city-center.---with an iron bridge over it. we all stood there urinating over a train as it came through underneath. happy days. i miss those ass=semblies.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

joe You are entitled to feel it is the bullshit but it really isn't, this was really the feature in conventions until the food service was abolished. It was not considered an alcoholdrink as it was just small amount of alcohol in it. Even the smallest child would been able to buy the stuff in shops those days. But boy the beer was appreciated as the appropriate drink for lunch.

If you don't believe it it's fine for me, but I cannot change my memories.

CP

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

C lear - If they served beer at your assemblies then I guess you live in Germany, where I've heard that beer is/was served during the conventions, are you from Europe or the U.S. ? I remember when my parents went to Europe and visited the Bethel home in Italy my mother told me that wine was served at the eveing meal.

• BU2B
    BU2B

bump

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The RBC brothers here in central California use 'quick builds' to together with their drinking buddies after the day's work. One of the 'head' brothers even said that was what he liked most about being RBC, didn't have to go home to his wife and got to hang out with his drinking buddies. Lots of drinking after the r and f go home during the so called 'quick builds'.

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit