Drinking at meetings / assemblies / conventions ... who's done it?

by HarryMac 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Me. Before meetings for that last 3 weeks. I throw in a hydrocodone for good measure. It sure makes the meetings more enjoyable!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Boy the few times I have, It aint so bad sitting through the meetings! My mind dosent race trying to refute the lies I hear, and I sit there with a little grin on my face. When I have a good buzz on, all the cult stuff and brainwashed people are amusing

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If I just had an MJ prescription!

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

I quit both too, Comatose.

I often think back to that day when I was drinking at the last DC and realize the snapshot caption would be: One problem down, one to go.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

A few beers at a restaurant at the lunch break is all I have done. It made the afternoon session less painful.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I never did, but it sure would have helped

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

I have and I've seen it done a couple of times. In fact my idea to do it was given me when I was about 14 or 15, a bunch of young people in front of me at Dodger Stadium were having a really cool picnic, way up in the top corner of the stadium, where I liked to sit with my friends, where no one could see. They popped a big bottle of champagne and had mimosas and grapes and cheeze and all sorts of cool picnic foods and they shared with us. It was so cool I never forgot it. So in 1999 or there abouts, after I got back from Bethel and had a girlfriend who was still under age, I planned a whole picnic involving champagne at the Long Beach Arena, out on the lawn, but my girlfriend and her sister were not into it so I just drank by myself. It was really depressing actually to not have a whole group in on it. I broke up with Alicia a few months later. Now she's not a JW anymore either.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I did it a lot when I was in cognitive dissonance.

zed

• tinker
    tinker

A.M. beat me to a Dodger Statium story. Back in the day, 68 or so, the Top Level was the IN place to be. Screwdrivers in the Thermos and Wine bottle in paper bags was du rigueur. As were bow ties and Stanley Blacker suits and backless sundresses. No umbrellas just sunshine and pass me the Thermos.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Quick builds. Plenty of drinking. At least one elder would have an ice chest full of old ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit