Drinking at meetings / assemblies / conventions ... who's done it?

by HarryMac 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

For me ...

1). Last District Convention after having 'read up' (took some family to it).

2). Last 'meeting' to watch step-father-in-law finally get his and get disfellowshipped for molestation.

...both were taking vodka shots in the bathroom.

I'm sure there's lots of good stories out there.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I wish! I was such a goody goody I followed the party line on alcohol and meetings ie not even having a wine with dinner on a meeting night!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Oh glad the molester got done. He mustn't've had friends in high places. Hope the cops got him too.

• freshcrepes
    freshcrepes

At Coventry a few years ago, I poured a generous helping of vodka into a coke bottle and sipped away during the afternoon session. Made the whole thing a lot more interesting!

• SophieG
    SophieG

I had a close friend who was sipping on straight vodka out of those metal coffee flasks at the DC...got busted and DFd for over-indulgence of alcohol.

Never in a million years did I ever consider doing that! DANG!!!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I brown bagged it during security detail overnight at one of the DC's...we got the great idea to walk the catwalk over the center of the auditorium, awesome!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I had kahlua at DC MIL started me on it EX MIL that is

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm prone to "telling it like it is" when I drink.

I'd regret cutting loose regarding TTATT to the wrong person.

I prefer to drink during meetings. . . . . At a pub.

Doc

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I grew up northeast of New York City and had a lot of Italian brothers in our congregation. Let me tell you, meeting night or not, the wine flowed with dinner.

It's just cultural.

Here in the US, there are still some cities and counties in this country where you cannot even buy beer, wine or alcohol.

Go figure.

Rub a Dub

• Comatose
    Comatose

Last few months of meetings I drank several shots just before leaving for meeting. A few times left and drove home to drink a few more and head back. It was how I got through. Now, I don't go to meetings and I stopped drinking as the cult had turned me into an alcoholic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit