OKC TORNADO - GLAD god IS WORKING OUT UNIVERSAL SOVEREIGNTY

by Comatose 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Pterist
    Pterist

Don'tcallmeS

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

There are also believers that feel God doesn't care or has checked out. Like a boy neglecting his ant farm.

If my comments are being taken personally for or against ones belief system, that is not my intent. I am merely stating what I observe in an effort to clarify the issues that are being discussed.

As humans, it seems natural that we look for comfort. Everyone has their way of finding that comfort.

There is nothing wrong with that except when the expressions of someone's comfort causes pain for someone else.

That is the human condition.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When something terrible like this happens, God is somehow the first one to blame, even with non-believers.

Um, non-believers are being sarcastic.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Comatose:

I remember years back when having a conversation about natural disasters with a JW he said: "maybe armageddon was coming a little at a time". I didn't buy it but I think JWs manage to make every kind of excuse for their religion.

williamhconley:

Like you, I also wonder if Einstein was right. I've had enough time to ponder this and other things in my 12 year "fade" from the JWs.

There's not a damn thing any of us could do about it no matter how much we prayed. Doesn't make me happy but there is no sense dwelling on it.

We just do the best we can.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I believe in God but it seems to me that deaths have to happen because without bad one cannot get good and without good one cannot get bad. Without war or something that would create opposition there can be no bravery or free will. Without destruction there can be no construction. Without both destruction and construction one cannot get natural cycles or even nature, or freedom to do anything. None of this answers the question of why any of it here anyway of course. God is a possible partial answer but with that comes the all-powerful argument for God. If he is all powerful why does he not stop such things? It depends on what version of all powerful one decides to go with. There are two and the first one is that God can do things logically impossible and the other is that God can only do what is logically possible. However as has been pointed out by Terry on a different thread, logics usefulness is limited to what is known. If a new fact is encountered then what is logical changes accordingly. One would have to know everything for logic to be truly useful in this context, but since knowledge might well be infinite, that is unlikely. However it doesn’t take away from the idea that God could be there and be limited by logical possibilities. So one could have a world where tragedies are averted or caused by a God, but not one where they are done away with completely, and thus it would maintain room for second order virtues like bravery, generosity and free will. Universal sovereignty doesn’t even have to come into the equation because if this view is correct, God is always in charge ultimately but with limitations that dont apply to us as lower order beings, but are unknown by us as well, by the same token.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

All those first responders are acting soooooo short-sightedly (stupid humans!).

Instead of waiting on Jehovah and having faith that the end of this wicked, evil, and frankly YUCKY system is near, they pull survivors from the rubble and wreckage and administer "first aid" - which is nothing compared to EVERLASTING LIFE.

Since they are sooooooo blinded by Satan and can't possibly think the way Jehovah does, they try to save lives and reduce suffering.

How quaint!

In the mean time REAL PROBLEMS exist in the universe, i.e. the all-powerful, all-knowing creator of everything must get his point across whilst remaining invisible and completely undetectable. What a predicament HE is in!

• Comatose
    Comatose

So true BOC. I pray everyday to let his kingdom come quickly! I can't wait for the day I sing and praise him while the smoke still rises from this old system. How glorious it will be when his name is sanctified and all the 7 billion evil and wicked worldly people are dead.

It is hard to give up my family in these times of the end. It's so hard to shun my daughter. But I know Jehovah's sovereignty is more important than my simplistic wants. His name is what truly matters.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Jesus supposedly died for us, the ransom sacrifice was almost 2000 yrs ago. The ransom was paid, why have the hostages not been released?

Backlog of paperwork.

Rub a Dub

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The legal and insurance concept is "act of God." Acts of God are sudden, unforeseeable, and not caused by any human action. They are devestating disasters - earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, tornados, etc. Acts of God must be an ancient or near ancient usage. I don't have time for the Oxford English Dictionary. Acts of God may show there is no God or no God worthy of worship. I never thought of it before now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit