OKC TORNADO - GLAD god IS WORKING OUT UNIVERSAL SOVEREIGNTY

by Comatose 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

For fu@$ sake. When would it be enough? 6000 years of it and still figuring out this universal sovereignty. Gimme a break.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Digging kids out of a school. Daycare gone. Blocks of houses gone.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

KFOR is reporting that 20-30 kids are trapped under the rubble of one of the elementary schools and that it's no longer a search and rescue, but a recovery there.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jehoover at work. Praise the Lord Jehoover. Bringing acts of Jehover since creation. Insurance cos won't underwrite Jehovher.

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

yea...that 'god' gag is such bullshit.

human beings are too ego-driven to believe that things can just happen...for no reason...with no consequence, justice, payback, or reward coming as a logical result...the same way the devastation of an ant hill when you cut your lawn means absolutely, positively NOTHING. it's just tough luck for the ants. the universe is hostile...

but, whatever gets you through the night....go for it.
    just keep it off of my porch and out of the laws that we all have to live by.
    cause some of us don't care what your god thinks...

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

God allows suffering so people can see they need his sovereignty. Thus his sovereignty will be vindicated.

Questions for anyone that buys this:

1. What does this have to do with natural disasters? What are humans to learn by being killed by tornadoes, earthquakes etc? I understand a person dying young because of bad decisions or ignoring bible principles, but what is there to learn by God allowing innocent children, parents to die? How does this vindicate his sovereignty?

2. What about cases where people die in isolated areas where they're not engaging in God defying acts such as drowning, animal attacks. Why doesnt God intervene? How does God vindicate his sovereignty in those cases?

It just doesn't add up. If God does exist as suggested by the order in the universe, perhaps Einstein was right in believing in God but not a Personal God who is interested in his creatures.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Jesus supposedly died for us, the ransom sacrifice was almost 2000 yrs ago. The ransom was paid, why have the hostages not been released?

Good questions William H. Today is a sad day. I know the Witnesses will say they will/may be resurrected, but that doesn't make it all ok does it?

• watson
    watson

The idea of a ransom is so awesome.

Sounds Godlike to me!

• watson
    watson

Oh, wait a minute, Jehovah pulled a sucker punch on Abraham, so it must be his sense of humor...It's all just a joke!

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Why would you blame it on God? Most of you don't even believe in God? Your reasoning doesn't even make sense.

Blame something that is tangeable to you...like...OBama. Or ol' what's his name? Al Gore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit