OKC TORNADO - GLAD god IS WORKING OUT UNIVERSAL SOVEREIGNTY

by Comatose 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

We blame him for not stepping in if he is there. Either to help kids from dying or to have brought his new world. It's common sense.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

What does this have to do with natural disasters? What are humans to learn by being killed by tornadoes, earthquakes etc?

WT answer: so we can learn "long-suffering", "patience", and "humility".

Oh, and to never "question god's actions".

It also helps us to appreciate the coming Paradise Earth- you know, where death will not happen because of natural disasters, but only directly by the hand of god.

I'm sure everyone in Oklahoma has a greater appreciation for the issue of universal sovreignty now more than ever.

• cantleave
    cantleave

God likes to flex his muscles now and again (like the playground bully). Isn't he great and very much to be praised!!!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Incidents like this tornado and its consequences are, frankly, easier explained by atheism. Taking God out of the equation makes such devastation and loss easier to understand, namely, that we live on a planet that is not always so nice to live on, and that powerful natural forces can do us in at any time.

No need to ponder 'why didn't God intervene' and 'why does he allow...?' and so on and and on, if there is simply no God.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Here we go, people who don't believe God exists blaming him for this event and sundry. So now you believe in God so you can blame someone ! Be consistant with your atheism, and do something positive and helpful instead blaming someone that in your minds does not exist !

Contact the Red Cross or whatever and help...

https://www.redcross.org/

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

@Pterist ~ My point exactly! When something terrible like this happens, God is somehow the first one to blame, even with non-believers. I guess it's just convenient to blame someone else for your problems.

• moshe
    moshe

I think the KH is OK , though. Halleluuuyahhh

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Atheists don't blame God because they don't believe in God.

Many believers get angry with God depending on their loss or experience. Other believers who have experienced those same losses find comfort by thinking God has some plan or reason behind the loss.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Double post removed

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Taking God out of the equation makes such devastation and loss easier to understand, namely, that we live on a planet that is not always so nice to live on, and that powerful natural forces can do us in at any time.

---

Pterist:

This is hardly blaming god. In fact, quite the opposite.

Here's where I run into a problem with religion: when something good happens, god usually gets the praise.

When tragedies occur, suddenly religious people do not want to consider god culpable.

You can't have it both ways.

If you believe god can and does intervene to perform "miracles", or to answer your prayers, etc. Then it shows he is capable of doing so, and he's willing to do good.

So, if he chooses not to intervene to prevent disasters, when he obviously has the ability and power to do so, how do you explain that ?

As rocketman so aptly said, taking god out of the equation is actually easier to deal with emotionally rather than trying to figure out why god chose to look the other way when he could've done something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit