Off to the Doctor.

by LouBelle 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

In a couple of hours I'm going to the doctor - an intervention. I don't want to be a burdon to my mother, she has her own life to lead with her own responsibilities. I've always been able to take care of everything for myself. As the job I have comes with no benefits, I just can't fork out the money for doctors and medication - it doesn't come cheap in S.A and the so called 'state' or 'nhs' is shockingly bad and I would probably go in for depression and come out with an amputation. So she has booked the appointment for later and will get the medication I need.

I told her it doesn't solve the problem. I guess if there is a chemical imbalace that can be righted with drugs - well we shall see.

A friend bought me a little pebble from the top of table mountain when he climbed it - it was given with such a joyous heart, I've kept it. I slept with it in my hand the whole night - just to remember that time because it was a good time, when I smiled and was more 'fierce'.

I'm a bit nervous going to the doctor and laying bare the fears and that - actually down right scared. I think what really scares me is if this doesn't work.

I think I need to immerse myself in the projects that do make me happy: my poetry - looking around for a publisher, Photography: I'm no geneous but I do like to point and click and have some amazing "fluke" shots: Spanish - I used to take lessons and was coming on oooooookay - I may not afford the lessons anymore a friend did give me a collection of self teach CDs....just got to get out of this quick sand first.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

good luck loubelle.

I'm sure you're on the right track.

It's normal to be scared. When I had a bad spell,several years ago now, I reassured myself, thinking, this isn't going to go on all my life just the same.

One day, I will get to the end of the tunnel.

And I did. And you will too. Believe me. It sounds like you are a fighter by nature, dispite how you might feel just now.

Again, good look.

jlp

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Good decision. Don't worry about what to do next, that bit is simple. Rest.

Loz x

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Best thing I ever did was go to a doctor -- of course I waited until I cracked up first. You're smart to be going before you crack up. Antidepressants are very helpful. It can make the difference between sinking and swimming -- if you have more energy and feel happier, you'll find ways to deal with your problems.

Good luck -- let us know how it goes

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe you will be fierce once more. You have a fierce attitude. May I suggest that if you are interested in Spanish, a local library probably has a text with software. I tried it with French. My reading and writing ability is much better than my oral delivery. I plan to do French immersion when I retire. The software is so much better than when I studied French. It is related to actually learning French rather than memorization. The latest teaching science is used. There were two different speakers with very different accents.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

LouBelle...I just sent you a PM. I am so glad you posted and letting us know how you feel. That is great that you are going to the Doctor.

Think of the whole JWN Gang holding your hand and sitting in the Doctor's office with you. You are not alone Girl!

I love you Kiddo. Must get to sleep now.

Good Night from The North Pacific.

Just Lois

• happy@last
    happy@last

When I realised that all I was thinking of was ways to end my life, I then went to the doctor, and it was just knowing that I was doing something about it and realising I was doing it because I didn't really want to die that helped.

Accept what they give you, and yes, find things you enjoy doing. I love the idea of sleeping with a happy momento, tell yourself there wil be happy times in the future also, because there will be, I'm sure of it. Some people have an easy care free life, I seem to be one of the people who lives in peaks or troughs, when I'm in a trough I try and tell myself there will be a peak at some point.

• cofty
    cofty

I wish you well Lou Belle. I am delighted you are going to take steps to find help. You will feel strong and happy again.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi again, so another 20 min to go - deep breathing here to help me get through it.

When I read that I will be strong and happy - tears just start falling, because though I may want it, it feels out of reach, it feels like "you will live forever in paradise" like a fairytale.

I might scare the doctor (suprised I haven't scared the work collegues) All in black (my comfy tights, long jersy, doc martins) Hair is "just got out of bed look" Minimal make up so as not too scare small children.

• talesin
    talesin

You are strong, but even the strongest of us, have our times when we need to lean on others, and ask for help.

You're a feisty one, LouBelle, with a beautiful, loving heart, and a razor-sharp mind. Things will get better, because you will make it so!

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit