My Parents Reply to my Letter

by cofty 60 Replies latest members private

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm glad to hear that your parents responded so well to your letter. It was a really good letter. Love may triumph over borg in this case.

I know you're doing all you can to take care of your health -- hang in there. Know that everyone here really cares and wants you to get better.

your friend,

the old lady in Mt. Shasta

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Great letter you wrote for your parents and it produces positive results! It took me learning TTATT before I could ask my daughter to forgive me for cruelly shunning her for 10 years...something I would had never done if I still was in. My daughter forgave me...putting this "pseudo follower of Christ " to shame.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Very happy to hear this cofty.

Life's too short to shun.

om

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

This is golden as I have always held family, friends or whoever, responsible for their behavior PERSONALLY. It is the only way to go if I am EVER going to have a relationship with any of them again. Otherwise, if they are pressed to shun again we are back to square one. Yes we ALL need personal appologies and we will accept them IF we choose.

Great turn on the tables!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Life's too short to shun.

OpenMind, this would make a great t-shirt.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I am so happy you reached thier hearts. I can't imagine parents not feeling compassion from such a well written letter.

I hope they follow through for you. You are in my thoughts, Cofty.

tt

• Ding
    Ding

That IS great news!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Cofty...that is such a fantastic result. I am so glad you made your voice heard regardless of how they might respond. And even more glad for you that they have responded positively.

You have been a wonderful example for everyone here. You have shown us HOW to say what we need to without being demanding, blaming or laying down the law. You were humble in your approach, whilst standing your ground, and that came through loud and clear.

The way you handled that left them no other option than to look at their own behaviour and part in this. They could have chosen to get defensive and pretend they had no choice. But they didn't. They faced up to what they had done. I can see where you get your honesty from, and your love. They sound like good people, just deluded.

I hope things continue to go well. And communication remains open. You all deserve that as a family.

• steve2
    steve2

So glad for you cofty. Your parents' humble approach looks very promising.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

As we come closer to the 100 year anniversary of the return of invisible Jesus I think we will see more JW's who realize that they are going to die like every other worldly person they condemned. They are getting older and the shunning hasnt worked. So now what do they have, the newest wave of converts who dont give a damn about all those believers in the "old light". They are all as shallow as a saucer of milk. So they have pulled thier heads out? Well done. You wore them down, congrats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit