If man evolved?

by tornapart 427 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• *lost*
    *lost*

OH my gosh !!!!

why are you all so negative and a bit aggressive I have to say.

You take something written as some kind of personal attack !! why ??

why is asking questions, and asking other peoples view's opinions, beliefs and what they as an idividual believes, and why they have formed those beliefs, and what their interests are on things ?

If somewhere here has experience of horse breeding, it means I can discuss horse's and horse breeding.

If somewhere here has worked on a farm, I can talk about farming.

If someone here tells me they are qualified or went to Uni or whatever, then I know their information is worth taking seriously, and not as bullshit !!!

do you know how many people there are out there in the world who will tell you anything !!1 and lie to their teeth that they 'know for a fact' and they don't know squat cos they are con-men pure and simple, and deceitful and devious, and not very nice people, they exist. How am I supposed to know who is who here ??? I don't know anyone here. You all know each other for like. ages. I don't.

Yes I'm new, yes i'm finding my way, yes at the moment I still believe there is a God, that's not a crime. yet!

No I am not a jw apologist or fanatic,

No I don't spend hours of my time thinking about things like evolution, it doesn't float my boat, there are other things that have my attention. I can't just go off and spend hours looking up everythin you say. One day I may be able to.

So I see the discussion here, I listen to what people say, because I don't know all the things you know, I'm being shot down ???

It's a discussion forum, how can asking opinions and questions be wrong ?

why shouldn't I be able to support tornapart and say '' I get you, I have had the same thoughts too.... lets chat about it ...''' Is that wrong ?

We come from different cultures. But one thing for sure is, everyone is living in a land, that at one time was inhabited by different people, the natives. The natives were invaded and put of the land, and turned into slaves and servants. If that hadn't happened in history, all our lives would probably be so much different. People who lived off the land had everything they needed and lived happier healthier lives. when they were evicted and they were then made into tenants and servants, they lead lives of harships and suffering.

and I am a girl.

jgnat thank you

I am trying really hard

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh goody, she's back to play.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Unless you're a super-miraculous typist, it takes far longer to type long rambling posts on these threads than it would to actually research and read about evolution. Then, rather than go out of your way to show the world how much you don't know, you'll actually know things and be able to add productively to the discussion.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Asking genuine questions is the root of knowledge. Deciding that you have the answer before hand and willfully ignoring the time and effort of those who put in the effort you haven't bothered with and then starting to rudely question people's credentials is the root of idiocy. You wont get kumbya and cake from people when you cr*p on their carpet.

Early days though, keep thinky thunking. I wish you the best. Knowledge is an exciting adventure if you take off the shackles of myth based belief.

• *lost*
    *lost*

yeah, I have asked questions. if people here didn't ask questions and discuss those things, then the information would not be shared, then people would never learn anything.

show me where did I once disagree with or say, no thats/your wrong ??

did I ?

I don't recall that I did.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, girl. Maybe take down the rhetoric a notch (ditch the exclamation marks), challenge on facts and don't make it personal, and maybe we'll get somewhere.

Subsistence living was not some sort of idyllic paradise. I've been trying to tell you, that's how people lived out here in 1911, and life was short. Starvation was a real possibility if a crop failed. Census data is pretty convincing.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Lisa rose

you know my mind ?

How is it made up ? on what ?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Another great way to avoid reading and learning: drag discussions off-topic into hashing out personal offenses.

Brilliant.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Lost you implied much when you mentioned conmen.

In my limited experience of seven odd years on this board it is almost exclusively people committed to an evidenceless faith position who argue against scientific knowledge. Their desire to be correct trumps their desire for knowledge so we find a good sprinkling of muslims, christian gnostics, jws, messiahs, mormons, sundry other deists,liberal christins and illiberal christians posting against simple basic scientific knowledge. Not because they have evidence against evolution, an ancient earth or some such discovery but simply because they see the threat it poses to an ancient myth they have , normally innocently, been taught to believe.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Well, I've got to say thanks to ones like Cofty, jgnat, Rawe and others for some very interesting discussions...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit